Thanks to Eric L.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron N

Reaction score
I also painted and installed my tiedown billets today. I really like them. I will carry the old tiedowns in a bag with a tool in it when I need to make a quick change to use my tiedowns. Thanks Eric._Ron

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Very nice and clean looking.

Too bad Ford didn't figure out a retractable one.

I use mine too often to do what you did. I wouldn't like changing them out all the time.

Looks cool !!!

Jerry,

You can mod them so you use the metal tops and the plastic bottom to keep them usable..

Todd Z

Jerry, no, you keep the part that extends them out and just add the billet too it.Some cutting involved. Here is a link to the project._Ron

I knew I had seen that somewhere! :rolleyes:

I don't have the billet ones. I kinda like the OE ones due to the color and the way it blends in with the surrounding black, but I may work on making them not stick out so far using the technique described in the project.

Thanks Ron for pointing me to the answer to my failing memory. ;)

I've had Eric's billets for several years now. Like Ron, I keep the old ones in a bag by the spare tire tools just in case. They are quick and easy to change out although I've only needed to a couple of times. Most of the time the tie downs inside the bed do just fine.

Best part: I haven't riped a shirt since I got them.

When my dad sold his Sport Trac I had to go down to the dealer and pull the Billet ones off and put my stock tie downs on. The dealer asked me how much that was worth, I told him to increase the trade in value by $1000 and I'll leave them on haha!

Looks great Ron!