THANK GOD 2009 is over for my family.......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am posting this just to rant and to get this off my chest. I just needed to unload this info somewhere and I don't want to go to my family......

I would have to say this was the hardest year for my family. In fact it has been the last 6 months of it.

In August, my mother in law was diagnosed with cancer, had surgery to have it removed along with cemo and radiation to treat it. My grandfather on my mother side had another heart attack, the 3rd one I believe.

In September the mother in law came to our house to help recover.

In October, my grandfather on my dad's side had a heart attack. They kept him on life support till the family got there and then we all decided to have the life support removed. That was hard to watch someone you love die.

On December 23rd, my wife's grandmother passed away after losing the battle to cancer. On the day of the funeral, my mother in law had a seizer right after the funeral. She was cleared from the hospital after a couple of days.

We have told everyone in our family that nothing is to happen in 2010. My wife and I need a break and recover. Not to mention that in the beginning of December, I found out I will be going in for knee surgery on the 6th of Jan. and no date yet for the other knee as of yet.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Gil,

Even though we have never met, my heart goes out to you. That is so very much to carry all at once. I know that sometimes life throws more at us than we think we can carry but you obviously are very strong and have held up to all this.

I hope that things turn around for you and your family. With your strength I am sure they will.

Good luck to you.

Gerry Mac

Winnipeg, Canada

Im sorry to hear about your troubles.

im glad its over too my wife passed suddenly back in march at 47 years old.

im glad that year is over too.

Sucks, Have had years like that.......

Only 8 family members left of well over 30........

Vent all you want..... It helps

Todd Z

losing a family member SUCKS...

just me and my sister left.

sorry to hear about your loss, and the best thing now is to "REACH OUT & TOUCH FAITH".

best of luck in '10

we all have to keep our heads up :smile0006:

HappyGil,

Some years back, I would say about 14 years ago now. We lost 13 family members. It was one hell of a year. We literally had a funeral a month.

It was pretty hard and very confusing, however, we did survive and have had good years since then. So drive on and enjoy every day, you have paid your penitence.

Best of luck to you and your family...

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lost my older brother unexpectedly in December '08.

These toughest of times bring out the best in people.

Remember that time heals, and you will always remember. Aloha.

Thats awful- thanks for sharing- this year HAS to be better for you. I lost my Dad on April 1 of last year- he died of a broken heart. My younger brother and older sister tried to "help" my parents by moving them from sunny Florida to icy PA in November '08- in reality, they wanted to use my folk's retirement income to pay for their 3rd house and sell the FL house to split the proceeds. I told my folks not to go, but their hope and optimism won. After 3 months w/no car and as virtual prisoners in a house kept at 65 degrees to save money, my Dad's worsening health became too expensive to handle and they were sent back-luckily their house hadnt sold. They were stripped of their last $750.00 at the airport to "pay bills" (my brother is a partner at a major law firm). This was in January- my Dad never recovered and the last time I saw him, he cried and told me how sorry he was that he had gone, and that he discovered his youngest son really had no love for him. He died 3 weeks later.

I can relate for a bad 09. Lost my father last spring. He had dementia real bad for the last couple of years. The bitch he was married to the last 13 years (my mother passed away 16 years ago) got him to sign a new will 4 months before he passed that left EVERYTHING to her. It was completely different from his 2 previous wills (before his dementia) we possessed. We are currently contesting her will but of course the justice system moves at a snails pace and who knows when it will be resolved. 2010 hopefully will prove to be a good year. If not I will be in jail because she won't live to enjoy it, and that's a promise.

Latest posts