TB Whistle -Updated with Pictures

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I think I finally solved it. It's not 100% gone, but it is WAY less noticable.

Anyone else have the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
How'd you solve it? I had it when I added a K&N to the stock system. Over time, it went away. But, when I added Todd's TB, it came back. I can only assume that the accumulation of gunk on the TB changes the profile of TB sensor enough to stop the whistle.

My whistle is about 90% gone. I had a noticeable change when I added Todd's TB. But the biggest change happened when I upgraded my exhaust, that almost completely eliminated the whistle. And with a louder exhaust I can't hear the whistle unless I listen for it :p

Ahh, the whistle is the best part !!!!!!

LOL

I think it is the rough edges in the plastic...

Todd Z

Mine whistles, only bothers my wife though and only does it at certain times. But I am planning on getting the new TB soon and if it gets louder with that, I would like to know how to eliminate it also.

Three pictures of what I did. I know their huge, but I wanted to make sure you guys could see the details of it, thats also why they are linked and not on your screen here :)

Basicly drilled 2 holes from the main intake side into the idle air side. They are currently two differant sizes as I'm still trying to figure out what gets ride of it all together.

I started with two small holes (unsure what size) and I just drilled one of them larger (3/16")

I'll report back if that fixed it totally.

Of course if you do this and damage something it's not my fault. I'm not sure if there are any negative effects, but so far I have none.

Latest posts