Taurus: Most Popular Again?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
Maybe its just me, but here in Dallas, Texas, :banana: I have seen so many Tauruses from the previous and last generations that it stymies my mind! Remember that Ford had 5 of the top 10 selling vehicles for a few years. And now I seem to see more and more of the NEW Tauruses everyday. Man those are classy, and if I did not love the ST's and STA's, I would buy one iin a heartbeat! Does anyone here have one? Just asking cause it sure has a refreshing style and it looks to be a success so far. Any comments out there?:supercool:

If I could afford a new car right now, that would be in my top 3 choices to buy. Looks good and the SHO would be fun to drive. It's funny though, a guy at work refuses to even look at one because his wife bought a used Taurus (~2000) and it was a lemon. I asked if he'd buy a fusion and he said possibly. I told him the new Taurus isn't the old taurus, the fusion's technically are hte new taurus'. Now he won't look at either one...

The new Taurus and the Fusion are different platforms. When the Fusion came along it was meant to replace the outgoing Taurus but even then I don't think it was built on the same platform

^^^

You are somewhat correct. The 500 and the Taurus are built on the same platform which is a variation of the Volvo platform.

$50 grand for a family car is a little pricy for me though...

Todd Z