Tail lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Richmiller

Reaction score
I was wanting to confirm if the Gen2 ST's use the F150 flareside tail lights or not. I am pretty sure they do. I was possibly thinking of replacing them with these.

be2f53a105d39b79da4fa4ce625a4da3.jpg

I believe it's been asked many times and won't work. I could be wrong but that's what i remember. The folks who know for sure will follow!

'07 ST

Really?

I definitely need to find out some more info on this. I thought the Sport Trac shared most if not all of the bed parts between the F150 flare side.

They look identical in pictures from what i can tell.

Anybody else got more information?

If those are LED's, they're the wrong type for automotive use. They look like the little 5 mm ones used for cutesy electronics projects...like those sold at Radio Shack. They're pretty worthless...

Actually hold on, they might fit according to this post from the past. So read it and see if it helps. I just remember someone getting them for their ST but it didnt work. But i dont know

If those are LED's, they're the wrong type for automotive use. They look like the little 5 mm ones used for cutesy electronics projects...like those sold at Radio Shack. They're pretty worthless...

I am unsure on the LEDs but they are a replacement tail lamp for a F150 Flareside. So i would assume they work for automotive. I didn't just find some replacements on ebay or something.

They are made by Depo Lights. They manufacture numerous head and tail light assemblies.

Their website.

Thanks for the info GeorgeT, thing look more promising now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recon's site unfortunately only has LED tail lamps for the "style side" F150's so they don't make anything that could possibly work.

THEY WILL NOT WORK.... :D

They are different.... Sorry guys..

Todd Z

Latest posts