Sync

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
I am having problems with my Sync. I do not know if is my phone or my Sync. My Sync keeps disconnecting from my phone and even while it is connected it will dissconnect in the middle of a call. Any ideas?

Pair someone else's phone and see if it does it to theirs. If not, it's your phone.

Of all the bluetooth systems out there..Sync is probably the worst. Hell of a lot better than nothing.

You might also want to log in to the Sync website and see if there is an update for your vehicle. IIRC, you can download the updates yourself to a flash drive and plug it in the USB in your vehicle and reflash the Sync system yourself. You do need to register on the site.

OMG the updates are such a pain in the arse to do... LOL

I noticed if my phone is not fully charged or I use the remote start in the truck the sync wigs out and does not work properly...

Todd Z

Make sure your phone is on the compatible list of devices as well... I am using my Iphone 3GS and have not had any issues with Sync at all, updates, or otherwise. The forums have tons of posts of little quirks people have had though.

I use a Motorola Backflip(android) with no problems. Only thing is it won't play my ringtone(Ozzy) through the radio, just a regular ring-a-ding-ding. Bob

As an IT Director I get to play with a lot of phones, so I have paired my 2010 Sync with each. The Blackberrys have worked well and the Droids were horrible. Connections were dropped at random. To me - it is the phone.

2cts

Latest posts