sync lock pick

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone Installed the lock pick for sync? I just ordered one with front and rear cameras. I sit lower than most and the camera is supposed to come on at 8mph to offer 180 degrees of frontal viewing to help you avoid curbing. The same goes for the rear back up, plus you can use the navigation in motion, and allows DVD in motion as well. Has anyone installed this on theirs?

I have the coastaltech version in mine. Works good. Don't believe mine has the 8mph front camera option, that would be great. Not to be negative, but I don't know how they would achieve 180 degrees in a camera. Some companies like to stretch that spec. Where do you plan to put your cameras? I run a wireless setup for my backup, powered by the backup lights.

They say it comes with 21 feet of wiring...

The cameras are plate mount, waterproof, and thats all I know. I would love to go wireless but I guess I will start with the kit and see how I do. Where do you get the wireless?

It's an Audiovox ACA-300. Got mine off ebay for $14. I think maybe they're discontinued. There does seem to be some interference in the signal, but I'm not real picky as long as I can see what's back there. I have mine mounted inside a trailer hitch step(also wireless) that has backup sensors. I'm in the process of moving the camera to the tailgate handle. I have a great view, but it's really hard to judge the distance. With it in the handle I will be able to see the back edge of my bumper.

any chance you tie into your hard drive for one touch record? I think it would be pretty sweet to have your versoin to show to the courrt in the vent of a ticket - front and rear camera

Yeah, the record would be nice. Heck you can't even load music on the hd with another drive. Makes me wonder what the point of the hd is when you can just connect another by usb. And I looked into the 8mph thing out of curiousity. Don't think the one you ordered will have that feature. Believe it's a Chrysler or GM option. Oh, and I did finish up the camera in the tailgate handle project. Now I can see my bumper.

Works with stock NAV and unlocks the DVD in motion, Destination in motion, movie listings, and more for $239 and then you can add camera's for $89 each and then a $39 camera harness - Check out the link and i think it is all pretty straight forward - the install video was really fast as this is a plug and play item. if you add camera's, the time taken is longer because you have to wire them front and back -

Latest posts