"SVT" Adrenalin, not dead?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Munday

Reaction score
<a href="http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/08/spy-shots-2008-ford-explorer-sport-trac-svt-adrenaline/" target="top">It may not be after all.</a>

Hmmm, I'm hoping this isn't the Adrenalin appearance package that they surveyed members about earlier, but the real deal. Notice, there's no roof racks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the SVT is not dead, although now that I've bought my truck I can't see eating the cost of upgrading so soon.......unless they do something really wild on the high performance side of it:cool:

Saw the no roof racks... If you read the article and click some of the links, I saw that it would supposedly be powered by the 3.5L V6?? Quote:

If this is the Adrenaline - expect the TwinForce 3.5l v6 under the hood with about 350hp/380ft.lbs of torque. there is not other option considerred .. the 6.2lV8 was the only other thing possible, but I have not heard it even beinbg used as another possibility - the 3.5l TwinForce was walys the engine for this application.

End Quote.

More info on the supposed engine for it... Says that it can be TurboCharged........ Drop the front bumper down and shove in a massive intercooler.. Good to go... Put in a 6-speed manual box and actual AWD...sweet...

A V6 that'll push what they were originally saying was from a supercharged 4.6 V8?

-Edit- I just saw A1cntrler's second post. But it still makes little sense to me.

To me Supercharging makes more sense. Some will say that Turbocharging is "Free" horsepower because the supercharger would be driven off of the accessory belt resulting a a parasitic loss of power. Seems to work good for the Cobra and Lightning. Less heat under the hood and simpler plumbing. I may just be partial never having a Turbocharged car, but having owned two supercharged ones (both Ford 3.8L V6 Thunderbird SC's)

I thought that Ford had the 3.5L in the contour before...am I wrong?? If you look at the title of the forums I got that quote from, it is a GM board... I think GM has a 6.2L Diesel....

Steve-

<a href="http://news.windingroad.com/body-stylesmarket-segment/sport-utility-vehicles/spotted-2008-ford-explorer-sport-trac/" target="top">Here ya go.</a>

I've got a feeling it's just an appearance package more then anything else, or even a refresh for '08 Job 2. If there were to be a different engine/drivetrain package, then there'd be test mules out on the road to show for it. Of course, one <i>could</i> put a new motor in a regular, non-camo ST for testing and no one would be non the wiser, as it's the camouflage that sets the spy-photogs off.

I agree, I doubt this is an Adrenaline package. Ford has bigger fish to fry and focus on right now. Probably the new model as the assembly plants are weeks away from changeover.

Would be nice though...:cool:

Any one see the dual exhaust tip ???

I like it !!!

Todd Z

The one on gminsidenews looks sharp, those must be the same 18 in. alloys as the 07, it's amazing how much bigger they look with the lowered body. It also looks to me like there would be fender rub if you hit a bump, especially in the front if you were turning. It must be a one of a kind customization.

Geoff, you mean the red one? That's the SVT Adrenalin concept truck from 2005, the one everyone was (and still) hopes makes it to production. The wheels on that are 21 inch.