Stupid question....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
I'm really having a brain fart. This is a dumb question, but I never claim to be a Genius:D.Where exactly is the PCM code? I know where the PCM is, but how do I find out what the code is?:wacko:

You will need to plug into the OBD II data port that is located under the dash on the drivers side. It will require a scan gauge or scanner to obtain the code.

Or,, you can go to Autozone and they will read it for free for you.

If you do that, DO NOT buy anything until you come back here and post the code and we will tell you what the normal cause is.

Stonemiser, look for a 4 digit code printed either on the ECM, or on a sticker in the door opening near the engine bay, I can't remember if it was driver or passenger side....

Thanks Coastie, but that isn't what I was looking for.:D;)

I've looked on the unit itself (passenger side) and I'm not sure what letters and numbers I should be looking for. It's a 2003 if that makes any difference. Are they big letters or not. I'm looking at the XCal that's for sale in the S&S section, and it's for a TTYC3. I'm definitely not see anything like that, but was just wondering what other numbers were for the PCM.;)

PAT1.......

Go figure....

Todd Z

NAH1 it is. Damn, I really liked the price on the one for sale in the S@S to. Oh well. Thanks all. Feeling a little stupid on this one, especially when they are in big BOLD letters there on top.:wacko:

No problem Coastie. Always good to hera from you, even when it's not on topic.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts