Stripes on a STA. Photoshop Help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
Hey Everyone:

I was just looking at the STA that we have at our dealership and I was wondering how it would look like with racing stripes. I finally decided that I will be purchasing a White STA when the 2009 Model comes out with all the changes and I would like to see if a racing stripes would look good on it. If it was a white STA I was thinking maybe blue or silver. I have provided XST's STA for a reference.

I appreciate whoever could do this for me. Also your opinion would be greatly appreciated on the look. I think it would look good however I have to see it in a picture first and you never know. It may not look good.

Regards,

Patrick Pierobon

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Hi Patrick,

Would you want to see 10" twin stripes on this? A single stripe? If you tell me the stripe configuration you were thinking of I will mock it up for you and post it.

Did you want any king of logo, or lettering cut into the stripes, or just plain? Looking at the pics you have posted here, they would be Gloss Black stripes to match the other black on the vehicle?

Let me know exactly what you want to see, and I will post it for you this afternoon.

:D

I am looking at two 10'' stripes. Black or blue. no letting and they would be gloss.

This is the look I'm going for.

[Broken External Image]:

Regards,

Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Patrick,

Hope these help!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

These are 10" Stripes with a 1" gap.

We do actually sell these stripes and they are available, let us know when you're ready!! Unless you already know where you are getting them. :D

yeah rob when i sent the message and went back in simon just uploaded them. i thank you for your effort tho.

it seems black is the way to go.

any opinions?

regards,

patrick

I wasn't going to say anything as you were looking for silver and blue, but I must say that BLACK is the one!! if you want another effect Matte black may also add a slight contrast difference to the gloss black trim.

Other you may want to consider.....

Reflective Black, Black Carbon Fiber, Charcoal Ultra Metallic......

Maybe also a deeper dark blue.... ??

simon do you have an image of these blacks that you are talking about and if you could. could you do the blue again but a darker shape. more like a royal blue.

thx

The only major change for '09 that the Ford reps at Louisville told us about was that the '09 STA would now come with available dual heated front seats.

Heated front seats and second generation navigation. Trust me this new navigation which is in the new ford flex is UNREAL. You just talk everything too it. it also will have 8GB of memory so you can store pictures in your car. For example if you go on a trip and fill your camera you can unload the pics to the car and then take more.

little things like that are what I am waiting for. Plus i think they are going to put two tone leather seats in it for later 09.

regards,

patrick pierobon

patrick, i agree with someone above that it looks better with the stripe stopping at the end of the hood if your gonna leave the tag holder and even still something about them with the plastic around the fogs looks off in the picture the black on the hood looks great although you might wanna see what they look like with a little bit more space in between them. i also think the matte black would be a good choice, ive seen some matte black stuff on the new stangs and really liked it

What about something like this? I think it would come off the edges of the grill and match very nice.

480f84e230c368380e354174a42f66c6.jpg

c752726c19d279ffc43754bbf8ab85bf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: