Strange Trac on E-Bay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug S

Reaction score
There is a Certified Pre-Owned 2007 Sport Trac Limited 4x4 V8 listed on E-Bay right now that has some things that did not seem right to me.

The things that did not look right is that it has a solid black leather interior (seats and door panels) instead of two-tone, plus it does not have those funky door pulls on the front, it has the newer style, (did someone put an Adreneline interior in this?). There is no 4x4 badge, or V8 badge, but I suppose someone could have removed them, and the strangest thing is the rear window, it looks like it has "half" a sliding window. There appears to be the verticle separation panel on the passenger side of the window, but none on the drivers side.

The VIN number ends UA00142, does that mean an early production?

Here is a link to the listing with pics, check it out and see if this thing looks right??

Last edited by a moderator:
vin decode says limited..

2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited

General

General Information

VIN 1FMEU53887UA00142 VALID Passengers 5 Date 1/14/2009

Year 2007 Doors 4 Invoice $28,193.00

Make Ford Manual/Auto Trans. No/ Std MSRP $29,965.00

Model Explorer Sport Trac Forced Induction No Delivery $720.00

Trim Limited FrontWD No Engine Type 8 Cylinder Engine

Style 4WD 4-Door V8 Limited RearWD No Engine Size 4.6L/281 CID

Market 4WD Sport Utility Vehicles AllWD No Horsepower

Towing 6,001 - 10,000 FourWD Std Torque

Fleet Only No Stepside No Fuel Type Gasoline Fuel

That back window is bizarre. Looking at the option sheet confirms its a V8, but no decal. Nice looking Trac for sure. Hope they're flexible on the price, though-you could almost buy a brand new leftover 08' for that price with all the incentives.

It has the Job 2 door pulls and the Electronic climate control, so it is a later 07 build...

I wounder if the rear window was broken and thats how it was repaired by the glass place...

I also cant see the exhaust tip so it should be a side Exit on the drivers side....

Weird..

Todd Z

I also cant see the exhaust tip so it should be a side Exit on the drivers side....

:huh: Not sure what you mean, Todd. The exhaust tip is clearly visible on the driver's side:

ec81f7d499c2d662c5a8a4d1e01ac890.jpg

In this pic, you can even see fumes coming from the pipe:

490e3352a2e35f0cdd245508eb48063a.jpg

However, this is indeed a perplexing Trac.:blink:

MY 07 does not have the roll down back window, and in turn does NOT have that "divider" or trac bar for the center glass, one divider bar is kinda weird.

I might have the answer to the rear window question... Look at the light poles.. Notice a certain reflection in that pic???.... Could be the reflection of the pole behind the person taking the pic .. Go on.. Go check.. You know you wanna..

Now that I am on my home computer and not at work I agree, looks like a reflection....

Good call Griff....

Train,

i missed those pics, i did not see them.....

Todd Z

OK, so if the window thing is a reflection, how do you 'splain the solid-color, non two-tone leather upholstery. I thought that was only available in the STA???

i still only see 1 of the window posts on the back window. The cloud reflection is seamless on the quartering away photo and on the straight back shot. But there definately is a post on the passenger side of the back window.

I beleive the Job 2 07 st's we drove in CA had that single color leather and the 2 tone cloth...

Todd Z

Odd that the "reflection" seen in the rear window is in about the exact place where it should be if it were a roll down rear window, and looks the same in all 3 rear view pics, from different angles....

looks like aftermarket leather. It is missing the heated switches on the dash.

I live no more than 10 miles from that dealer. I can go check it out...if you guys really want me to.

Tom

I dont think its a reflection.

a) there is no light pole that close to the trac

b) it wouldn't be in the exact same place on the glass in the two different pictures that are posted.

Quite perplexing....

Latest posts