stock pioneer on the fritz

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
So my volume knob has not been working properly for some time now. Turn up volume it goes down, turn it down volume continues to go down, and works vice versa too. On quite a few occations while coming home kinda late I went to turn down the volume down as I'm turning on to me street only to have the volume crank all the way up and probably wake up half my neighborhood when the volume cranked all the way up. Anyway, took the head unit out and brought it to Ford for them to take a look at it, they want $325 to fix the it.

I was wondering if anyone else had the optional Pioneer and if they have had any problems with their's. I've got an 01 with the optional 290 watt 6 disc. I've also had the occasional CD get stuck in there but nothing I couldn't get out myself. It would start to eject the disc only to stop once the CD door opened and the screen started blinking CD error.

Could try spraying some contact cleaner in there, Remove the knob, and spray around a little than move the knob, Might work..

Todd Z

I have a problem with my unit infrequently.

Sometimes if I am listening to a CD, it will suddenly switch to a radio station that is not in in any of the memory locations. If it is playing one cd when I stop the truck, it could be playing a different one next time I start it.

The problems are only occasional and are not all that hard to live with. It makes me wonder sometimes if the head unit has a remote control capability?

Good luck with your unit.

The screen on mine keeps going in and out. Kind of a pain, I can never tell what time it is. I would think that for $325 you could get something new to replace the stock one???

Been there, done that, Neil! I have an 01 also, and my system went awry about 8 months ago. Bought another onew from an online salvage yard for $150, put it in and it's working. Had my original radio/CD sent to Video Stop in Mass. and they couldn't fix it, so Video Stop asked if I wanted them to send it to have repaired, yes, and now it is on the way back to me. All of the symptoms that you and the others are having/had are the same symptoms I had. Not a very good system for the price we paid as an option at the time.:eek: