Still trying to resolve rear window problem-HELP

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Vedros

Reaction score
THANKS rmcalis for your suggestion on using silicone spray on rear center window. but unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. It is still going up only about 1/3 and then reverses itself and goes back down. It does seem to be binding a bit causing the garage door effect of reversing itself. can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

George has the same issue. Some is loose or broken in the mechanism. You need to take out the back panel and diagnose. We got his to close by holding the switch in the close position and having some one else yank up on the window.

We have not repaired yet.

Todd z.

Window motor initialization probably won't accomplish anything, but easy enough to try. 2008-10 should be the same. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I will try the initialization and then open up the back if necessary. And George, please let me know if you are able to resolve the problem.

Hi J.B. I had a funeral to attend yesterday, but I hope to make some headway on the problem today. If I get any results I'll post them here. Good luck to us all.

Latest posts