Stereo help?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah Morgan

Reaction score
So I have 2 amps...one for my sub and one for the 6x8 Alphine R series in the front doors. Today I went to install the Alphine R series components in the front and move the 6x8's in the rear doors..Here is the problem..I remove the door panel and speaker. I start the install of the component set. I got the crossover mounted, and sub in the door...I am going to modify the door panel to mount the tweeter in..I need some dremel tools to do so, so I get in start the truck..and it makes this god awful sound so I see one of the speaker wires coming from the amp agaisnt the metal of the door. I quickly remove..and that noise went away..After that there is alot of alternator interference through the speakers and the sub pops when shut the truck off..I investigate and see the ground wire to the amp not in..I reconnect and double check all connections...The alternator feedback is STILL there..I double check the wiring finish that door of components. Everything I can think to do to rid of the noise..I am at loss and do not no what is wrong now..I never had a problem before..

Someone PLEASE HELP!!! Is the alternator going? Do I need to put a noise supressor in?

I'm puzzled??

Thanks

Jeremiah

Are both amps grounded to the same spot? If not they should be.

Double check your grounds. Including your headunits. A lot of times the stock ground for the headunit isn't good enough.

A noise supressor should be your last resort after all other things are done correctly.

You probably need a "Ground Loop Isolator". Has that amp been hooked to High Pass speakers before? Normally the sound is comming through the power input and/or the remote input wire. The wire used may not be sheilded enough. The ground loop isolator will remedy that.;)

You may have knocked something loose when you were tinking with installing the new stuff.

Double check all your connections and make sure they are all solid with no loose strands of wiring touching anything else.

Also make sure your RCA's are run on the opposite side of the vehicle away from the power. It wouldn't be a bad idea to ground your head unit to the same spot as your amps as well. Amps should be ground as close to the amp as possible, make sure you scrape the paint away so you have a clean contact.

Ground loop isolator didn't fix it..

Regrounded amps to the same place, and they are grounded for sure...

Double checked all connections.

Amps power wire is opposite of RCA's..

AND it is still there.. Could the Crossover for the components pick something up? what else could there be? I am at a loss?

Thank you

Jeremiah

try swapping the old amp back into place and see if the noise stays. Possibly messed up the amp? I'm stretching since it sounds like you tried everything else.