Stalling Problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON MCCAHAN

Reaction score
This weekend, my 01 Sport Trac began to stall when I shift into Park. It will start fine and runs well too and from work (about 35 miles). But as soon as I shift it into park, it shuts off immediately. Any suggestions????

Typo, Caymen, I think you meant the IAC valve.

Jason, there's a project to do it in the projects folder. I had a similar problem (never totally stalled, but would idle very rough when coming to a stop at lights or shifting into Park) and this helped. It's very easy. I'm no mechanic and I got it done in less than an hour one morning.

when mine did this the dealer changed the IAC and it did not fix... I cleaned the intake butterfly valve and it hasn't stalled since... i sprayed carb cleaner and cleaned with a rag...

troy

Carb cleaner may be OK for wetting a rag and wiping down, but don't spray it into the intake.

You need to get intake cleaner. The carb cleaner usually says not safe for O2 sensors or fuel injected engines. The carb cleaner tends to do bad things to very expensive sensors. Price is not much different.

Latest posts