ST of the Future?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin

Reaction score
Notice there is no steering wheel or pedals :)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why you need a map/navigation screen if you can't stear it? Seems like you should just speak and it goes :)

Thats gonna hurt sitting on the center console on long drives.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::wacko::wacko::wacko::lol:

Todd Z

Yeah, ladybug, it's called Airbus fly by wire on autopilot. Great until a human needs to override it. Then all hell breaks loose.

I'll settle for a paid driver before I go that route. And that isn't likely to happen for me soon!!!

Does look nice though. Futuristic like. Kinda like Dick Tracy's watch in the days of old...

Actually the "fly by wire" is VERY good, it makes flying at high altitude and low altitude the exact same. The jet characteristics, are very very different between high and low. It makes it much safer.. The bus has many other computer features, one of which does include a "smart" system, that looks at a situation, which includes the pilot input, and with parameters for any given moment decides if the pilot input, is the safest.

Not to turn this into an Airbus Vs Boeing thread, but given the two and the fact that I have worked on Airbus, Boeing and McD-D aircraft, I'll take Boeing for $100 Alex....

hopefully it'll never fly,,, you have to have a 'feel' for the vehicle and road and I don't think that translates very well thru a joystick .. It might be a good configuration for dog-fighting, but not good for driving in the snow or in a skid..