Sport trac speakers 5x7 or 6x9?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delos

Reaction score
I have a 2007 ST limited 4.6L, Factory radio quit years ago and replaced with a pioneer double DIN. Now I only have one speaker working Left front. I was thinking it has 5x7's from the factory. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
Delos

I believe factory was 5x7, but most replace with larger 6x8 for more cone area and bass.

Obviously replace both sides since they are only sold in pairs and will match.

NOT my favorite place to buy, but they have excellent fitment guides and other info. Good luck!
All Car Speakers at Crutchfield

Last edited:
Thanks. I may go with the 6x9's also. I'll be replacing all 4 since there's only one working anyway. Probably just get some pioneer. My wife is wanting me to sell the ST, I personally like having it as a third vehicle. She doesn't like paying insurance on it. I'd like to keep it and use it as my daily driver and let my F150 set. But I've got a lot of work to do on it before I can sell it. Heater core, rear bumper cover and front bumper cover all need replacing. Gives me a little more time to talk her into keeping it. Just put a Gibson exhaust on it, and it sounds good.

I was always amazed at how little thought Ford put into audio on the Sport Trac. They weren’t horrible if you got an XLT or something but believe it or not, the Adrenalin, as the highest trim level, gets the crappy 5x7 in each door only. No separates. The sub behind left passenger seat isn’t bad but the amp sucks...replaced that a couple times over the years!

6x8’s fit nice.

I changed to 3 way 5x7 in all 4 doors, added second amp.... 129 DB cranked now.... Wat too effing loud..... lol

I changed to 3 way 5x7 in all 4 doors, added second amp.... 129 DB cranked now.... Wat too effing loud..... lol
I wondered about that, thought I heard something coming from behind me. I will be looking to upgrade the audio bigly, since I can't upgrade the power bigly, without crazy expense. As such, I've been trying to find something pre-made to upgrade the bass. Looks like most upgrades are selling something that MIGHT fit under the rear seat. Anyone have any good input for subwoofer enclosure design, pre-made, or self build (I've built a couple for prior vehicles, but never for something with so little room) Thanks! :)

Latest posts