splinter!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
so i went on my schools website and saw an article about one of our grad students who decided to build a car from the ground up as his grad project. i was like ok cool. then i saw the engine. its an all aluminum block with twin superchargers and a sweet set of headers so im like ok, nice but nothing to special, then i see a link for his website and go to it, come to find out the car is built like 95% out of wood, everything to control arms and leaf springs, even the fire wall, all wood, wheels out of wood, this thing is the craziest super car i have ever seen check it out. i spent three hours on the site once i opened it, im proud to say i go to the same school and am in the same program as this guy.

Is this a concept? I couldn't find any actual pictures... Really neat, but I want to see some actuals.. Website is very well done as well..

There is a car made of wood or I think it was Popsicle sticks in the believe it or not museum in Florida...

Todd Z

I don't see the point either. I think the guy that is building his own hummer from scratch is the best. lol

I guess it teaches aerodynamics and modeling, but how does that justify the roi?

The car in Ripley's Orlando was made with matchsticks Todd. Cool to say the least. Something like 17 years to complete it. You KNOW that dude wasn't married!!!!!!

The car is not the nicest looking, but I admire the work they are putting into it.

My dream was to build a bar like Barney Rubble drove. You know, the two logs mounted side by side.

Tom

I like the reversed heads, the twin superchargers down next to the engine block, and the "bundle of snakes" headers in the valley.:cool:

Latest posts