Spark plugs, which is the best one

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jose Ayala

Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed plenty of times, but one more time please.

Which spark plug is the best for the ST 03, specifically?

I have used Bosch platinum since I bought it but looking for feedback.

Jose:unsure::unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
jose, I have the Bosch +2's in mine and like them. No problems and they've been there for 25k+ miles. Little increase in MPG after changing from the OEM Motorcraft's.;)

i have the autoloite double platinums with explorer expresse's jba wires.

i got a 106,000 miles out of my factory plugs and wires....

saw a difference when they were changed out.

if you are not going the "performance" way then motorcraft plugs and wires arent a bad choice either.

paul h:cool:

Thanks guys, I have some things on mine already, like JBA headers, cold air intake, XCAL2, so which one should I go with, Autolite or Bosch +4 plug?

Jose

i tried the bosch +4,, not worth the money... been running SplitFire triple plat for 30K miles without a problem.. have them in my 88 Vette also...

troy

Forget the headers. You wont see enough performance gain on the trac motor to offset the price. The trac motor exhaust manifolds are very free flowing. Change the catback exhaust though.

Autolite plugs or motorcraft only.... Others are a waste of money...

Get a set of JBA wires OR Taylor Wires OR I believe our new sponsor sells performance wires for the ST...

Todd Z

I put nothing but Motorcraft plugs in my Ford vehicles. Too many times I have had to do the job twice because of the gimmick plugs I tried using.

Tom

Either Motorcraft or Autolite Double-Platinums. Bosch +2 and especially +4's do not get along well with the Ford ignition system.

Mike, the only problem I had was one worked loose. Can't say it couldn't happen with the Motorcraft or Autolites. Other than that, hasn't missed a bit. I guess we can just keep the faith.:D;)

Latest posts