Spark Plug Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry Suarez

Reaction score
Ok call me stupid........but, I did a search on the V8's and their spark plug issues and I have a couple questions:

1- Is my 2010 safe from the breaking spark plug problem that plagued the 2007-08's?

2- What plug do you guys recommend (I think most of you agreed on the Champions)?

I've got 44k miles and I am starting to think about stuff I wanna do to her when she hits 50k.

Thanks Guys!

I beleive, in mid 2008 production run(December of 2007 or so) Ford changed the plugs to a one piece design. Still, you need to follow the recomendations in the Ford shop manual to get them out properly. As far as plugs, use the Ford/Motorcraft plugs. There is nothing to be gained by using an aftermarket one. Bob

Here's the TSB if you're interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just changed my 2007 and they had the one piece motorcraft plugs in them and I had no issues except that they were 9/16 heads and 2 plug heads stripped. May have been over torqued when first put in. Ended up buying a bolt grip fastener to get one out.

I recommend the champion plugs as they have 5/8" heads which I have never had stripping problems. Did use anti seize so they come out easier next time.

Latest posts