Something isn't Right

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Acheson

Reaction score
I bought my 07 Limited last fall with 192k miles. It threw a P0308 code right away. Ford dealer told me it was #8 coil. They replaced that coil and all 8 plugs. The code returned almost immediately. A shade tree mechanic friend replaced 8 injectors and the code has not returned.

Since I bought the truck, I have been experiencing random symptoms like hard shifts, brake dragging, and short runs of mild vibration like rumble strips. This is all subtle but annoying. I ran a can of Seafoam through it without result. I always assumed that some of this was due to tires. I just had new tires installed but that didn't change anything.

What are your thoughts? ODBC2 is not displaying any codes.

Being that you have a used Ford truck with 200K miles your going to have "annoying" things.... Drive shaft bearing, The other coils are probably going too.. Common issue causing vibrations. Worn struts, Tire pressure front end bushings all get worn at that mileage or way earlier...

I get the rumble strip thing as well from time to time, it goes away if I switch OD off or change my RPMs. I'm at about 150k, 2007 V8. I am planning on getting the tranny fluid and filter replaced as I have heard that can fix the wonky transmission and stop the rumble strip thing.

I like standard or other name brands.

We installed the Standard coils last weekend but I haven't driven it much due to the 'stay at home' order. I don't believe the problem is solved but I'll report when I've driven it more. At this point, I've replaced plugs, coils and injectors and I ran a can of Seafoam through the tank.

I also checked in with Jiffy Lube to have the transmission fluid exchanged but they won't service a transmission with potential issues.

Latest posts