Someone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
When I removed my step bars, on the underside of one of them had a handwritten date and maybe initials of the line worker at the Ford plant?

[Broken External Image]:

If you aren't the original owner, I'd venture to say that they were purchased from a salvage yard and that the markings are their inventory stock markings.

If you are the original owner, then I say kinda cool that a FOMOCO employee took the time to "personalize" them for you.

I've heard many stories of Auto MFG employees doing such things.

Last edited by a moderator:
never heard of ford employees signing their work...

i kno that the people who build corvette motors signs the motors they make tho... cool stuff

Good point Dave S made. Definitely a "red flag" if bought with a salvaged title. If not, Very cool to see craftsmen and technicians taking "pride" in their work.

Laser engraved signatures "signed" by machines don't have have the personal "touch" a warm blooded human can offer. Long for the term, "Hand Crafted in the USA", hope "humans" become retro and cool in my lifetime again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I took mine off as soon as I bought the ST, I went out and looked at time.

No writing on them.

My guy either wasn't proud of his work, or Dave S. might be right about the salvage yard idea.