Some more alignment questions!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek F

Reaction score
After extensive searching here on the board, I was not able to come up with a couple of answers I am looking for. It has been asked in post after post in the past if anyone had the specs from Ford of what the alignment should be set at for our ST's. I was only able to come up with one post which referenced the 2004 model's specs of:

front camber -0.5° ± 0.7°

front caster LH 3.15° ± 1.0°

RH 4.05° ± 1.0°

total toe 0.12° ± 0.25°

Here comes the questions I have. Are these specs to be applied to all model years? My guess is no due to changed hardware, the addition of the camber adjusters on the later model years etc etc.

That being said does anyone have the correct specs for an early production model from 2002?

For theory sake lets say I have the specs handy for the '02 model. I am getting ready to install aftermarket camber adjusters in the next couple of weeks. As well as mount my new wheels & tires (22x9.5) and do a TT/Block lowering. I plan to take the truck to an alignment shop to get it setup. Would those Ford spec's no longer be correct for the new setup of aftermarket wheels & lowering? Or are alignment specs not dependant on the wheels & lowering? (as you can tell I don't fully understand how this all works.) I do know that if you buy the EE Lowering kit they come with their own set of alignment specs, so this leads me to believe that the Ford specs will no longer apply.

If the Ford specs no longer apply due to wheel & suspension changes, how do you know that the shop has done the proper job? I realize that I should get a computer print out showing the specs it was set to, but how would I know those are correct, thus saving unneccisary wear on $1000 tires?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

The first one showed up fine....

The specs do not change for what your doing, Other instances it can, but not for you...

The camber kit is correct. And they will use the above specs to align your truck....

Todd Z

Sweet, thanks Todd, thats what I was looking for. I want to be able to compare what I get from the aligment shop to something. I was hoping the above specs would still remain accurate and apply to my model year. Now I wonder if I should hand those specs to them and tell them to set it accordingly, or just compare to what I get after the fact?

My main concern is just not ruining these very expensive tires too soon.

And thanks for the link on the camber adjusters from prosuspension.com Todd, I'm waiting on mine to be delivered any day now! ;)

DO NOT give them specs, because if there is an issue down the road, they will blame you. Just compare the results...

Todd Z

Fair enough.

I may have some more questions to bug you with once the adjusters get here. I want to install them myself. Hopefully they come with decent instructions. Thanks for your help as always!

Which set did you get?? the washer only or the complete bolt and washer??

Todd Z

the complete bolt & washer! ;)

Got the email today saying that it shipped out. Should have them in the next couple of days. I would like to do the install on them and the lowering next weekend if I can get to it!