SO CAL STA question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake Esken

Reaction score
hey guys, i live out here in southern cali. i want to purchase an STA but i cant seem to find any. anyone know anyone selling STA's from a dealership or private party? i have looked at autotrader and cars.com

Don't know if this applies today. When I lived in SoCal in the late Seventies and Eighties, I was told Cali was the worst state to purchase a car, due to the strictest emission standards in the country. Had several friends travel to neighboring Arizona and Nevada, to buy cars.

After I bought my new '79 Ranchero from Theodore-Robins Ford in Costa Mesa, compared under the hood "plumbing" to another identical Ranchero purchased out of state. Could swear mine had additional plumbing, hoses, valves, etc. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was definitely true years ago, Steve. Not so prevalent today as many other states have adopted the same emission standards that California has.

What are you looking for? Year? Price? I may be interested in selling my 09, only 3K miles?

Blake, Maybe time for a roadtrip?

Link is too long to hotlink, Try copy and paste

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=34109055&listingRecNum=1&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26stkTyp%3DU%26kwm%3DALL%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-kw%26zc%3D91701%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D0-0-0%26stkTypId%3D28881%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26kw%3Dadrenalin+V8%26sf2Nm%3Dmiles%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

EDIT: Nevermind, that one is 2WD. Good luck anyway..

Last edited by a moderator:
when I bought my STA 09, it was a special order and the guy lost his job. So it was sitting in the show room. Try Kearny Mesa ford in San Diego. They have a huge inventory.

Blake,

The dealer I just got my 10 STA has a red one in the showroom, just arrived last week. It is V8, AWD and has all options except Navigation. Sticker is right at 42K. Let me know if you need the phone #.

Rod