Snow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Branch

Reaction score
It's SNOWING in Georgia! And of course everyone is already yelling to leav work early. Kinda funny. It is pretty though, we don't get to see this very often so when we do everyone goes crazy. :D

Dangit! I want some snow over here in Auburn. It's supposed to rain all day and stay just above freezing...

When I was working at Goddard Space Center in Maryland years back, I was confused when everyone was clamoring about the snow. Work broke early and everyone was skidding and spinning in their cars. I thought it was weird since I'm from the north and 1/2 inch of snow is merely a flurry and nothing to even worry about.

>> I thought it was weird since I'm from the north and 1/2 inch of snow is merely a flurry and nothing to even worry about.

People from the North more or less know how to drive in snow; or learn fast anyone and relearn often. My experience with snow and ice in the South is that that most people drive 60mph on bare roads and slam on the breaks hard when its time to stop, and stomp on the gas hard when its time to go, and they feel no reason to not do the same thing on snow and ice.

TJR

the weather man is calling for some snow here in the upstate of SC but i dont think it will. we get it when the don't call for it and when they do call for it, all it does it rain.

Reminds me of an email I got not long ago called "Tips For Yankees Moving South".

12. Just because you know how to drive in snow doesn't mean we do. Stay home.

13. If you do get stuck in the snow, just wait and a few good ol' boys in a 4x4 equipped with a tow chain and beer will be along to pull you out. Just let them, they live for this.

:lol:

I am from NY and I worked and lived in Texas for 10 years. When we had ice or snow the first thing I noticed was the locals always hit their brakes on bridges, I never understood that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah bridges freeze up before the road will. Bad idea. If it's icy and I come to a bridge I don't touch anything and try to glide across straight without moving the wheel, gas, or brake.

Latest posts