snow storm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read where some roof have collapsed with all the snow.

Hope everyone is ok. Kinda glad DC is shut down for a while.

I guess the ground hog was right!

So much for Global Warming..

No emoticons, not used to the new ones...

I live on the waterfront, up the coast from Atlantic City and its hard to tell how much it is snowing and what is blowing around. In my yard, it goes from a dusting to drifts almost 5 feet high! The Trac and the Mustang are almost covered up Wind is blowing at a constant 30-40mph with gusts up to 55mph. It is expected to continue until tonight. I guess I'll find out how bad it is when I go out to shovel tommorow. Neighborhood has been plowed 3 times since 5am. Had to shovel a patch of the yard for the dog. Will check back in around 9pm and give you the latest. BC :yawn::cheeky::btddhorse:

We got 34" in our neighborhood, along with a TON of trees down all over and my neighbors are without power. I have a line hanging down blocking half of my driveway. I'm getting alittle tired of shoveling snow. Definetly putting my four wheel drive to the test getting around.:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in Reston VA we have close to 30 inches. I have had to drive to and from work four times already in this mess and I can say the Trac is very good in the snow. There are tree down all over the place in my neiborhood and the snow plow working in my condo complex died this morning. The roof on the building seems to be doing ok for now (crosses fingers).

Hope everyone is doing ok through the storm......but I want to use the new emoticons :worthless:

I am in Fairfax, VA...not to far from ashaman. It is a mess on the roads. My STA did alright. I had to turn off the traction control. The AWD system on my Subaru is better than the STA but it gets the job done.

I can say I know where my HOA fees went this year...I think they did a decent job moving the snow.

One thing I can say in defense of where we live. We do not get tornados, and the last storm with hurricane force winds was 50 yrs. ago. The earthquakes we get here in the Sacramento valley are so slight that, unless you are in a tall building, they are barely perceptable. Does not mean that I would not move out of Calif. if our situation was different.

I had about 20" the new ST did outstanding in the snow and unplowed roads. I had to work 12 hours shifts in DC during it and live an hour away. Long as you don't drive like an idiot, you do well.

My long a** driveway is all cleared out and ready for more snow on Tuesday!

So I guess I came to this board too new and didn't read all of the rules. Forgive me!!!

But is that any reason to kick me out after only 1 night of posting? I guess so because I was. Even though I said in one of my few posts that I woulD just lurk and not bother anyone so I didn't get in anymore trouble.

Then I see now that Tom, bud, Eddie and a few others have made a mockery of me. Well, I just had to make just one more post with a new email address to make this LAST post.

Yes, I am in Baltimore and yes, I am up to my azz in snow right now. But, my new Adrenalin is doing quite well in it thank you!!! I have been able to get to the grocery store and on the way, pull a couple of other vehicles out of some snow banks but I see that it really doesn't matter.

I'm sure I'll find another Sport Trac forum that will accept me and help me when I'm in need of help.

But, this forum will NOT be it! I'm sad for you all...

Last post, I proimise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye Balto.maybe the reason you got booted is because a couple of your posts and responses were a bit on the ignorant side. We try to be respecteful here on the only "Adult", "Mature" Sport Trac Furom I've seen. I personally didn't have any fueds with you but furoms like the S10forum you can be immature and disrespectful but not here. Oh well. What can you say.

:eek:fftopic::back2topic:

Sorry to break my promise but, Jerry I don't know what you are saying. Are you celebrating the Superbowl a bit early perhaps?

Only Sport Trac forum???

http://www.sporttracclub.com/index.php

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/ed_displayMakeModelRelatedDiscussions!make=Ford&model=Explorer%20Sport%20Trac

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/forum/66-explorer-mountaineer-aviator-sport-trac-forum/

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

I think not. But thanks for verifying my doubts about THIS forum!!!

Wow all of baltos posts were erased, what a shame. He tried calling me a drunk and starti:supercool:ng arguement, I don't even drink. Guess we know why he's booted again!!!:fire::cheeky:

Latest posts