Snow plow going on soon...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'll be putting on my Western Suburbanite plow for the winter shortly. The plow weighs about 270 lbs. When the plow is not on there are only brackets on the truck...no hydraulics. I've been reading here on the site about shocks and wondering whether I should change them now. 37,000 miles with the OEM shocks still on. I only plow my own drive and the neighbors, so the plow is on very little (relatively speaking) depending on the snow season. Opinions welcomed.

Since the shocks are a cheep investment, I would change the fronts at a min and with the plow on the truck I would set the ride height back to what it was before the plow...

I know it may sit an inch higher with out the plow on there, But the plowing will be less of a strain on the front end if it is sitting at the proper height..

Todd Z

Maybe you should get one of those air adjustable shocks--you could increase the air to the front to help compensate...

I would change the shocks. when I changed mine, I wished I hadn't waited as long as I did. LEt us know how the plowing goes. I am interested in finding out about that.

Tommy

Believe me changing the front shocks makes a difference in the whole ride.So yes do it._Ron