Slotted Rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yardsale

Reaction score
'01 4WD. Looking at PowerSlot and EBC slotted. Anybody have any comments on these or others? Also looking at EBC GreenStuff pads.

Thank you,

Y

I had a set of cross drilled rotors on mine, didn't last long. I put on matching set of pads for the rotors and they chewed thru them like butter, then I put another set of pads from AutoZone and they lasted alittle longer but 8 months later the rotors were rusted from the inside out. If you drive it daily they'll go quick. I had a problem with small pebbles and debris getting caught in the drilled wholes and when the brakes were applied it would grind the rotor down and I'd have a nice grove around the rotor from it. They worked awesome at first but not worth the hassle and money replacing them so often.

[Broken External Image]::angry::(

Slotted rotors are fine as are dimpled Rotors, the main problem with crossdrilled rotors is that they Crack at the drill holes.

Also the slots will EAT pads..... The slots Scrape the surface of the pad ......

I had D/S on my 03..... They will get Thrown in the trash....

My 04 has Advanced auto rotors and Wagner severe duty pads... IT stops better then my 03..

Todd Z

Had slotted and drilled rotors on mine for about 35K miles. Got rid of them. Chewed through every type of pad I got and very quickly (about 3 sets). Noisy and caused alot of dust due to the scraping of the pads with the slots. Not worth the money IMO. As Todd said, I have since went back to OEM style and it does stop better than with the D/S rotors. Best of all, no noise and a heck of alot less dust on the front rims.;)

awesome, answers that question...do they make a blackface rotor? dont really want alot of shine going through my new bullits lol

actually reaper, there may be another option for you, brembo and several other companys make carbon fiber rotors (to order) they are always black.

You could do the fronts and the backs for about 4 grand:lol:

I had powerslot rotors and akebono pads on my 01' 4x4 with 20" wheels. It stopped better than stock with the heavy wheels and no brake dust. If I buy some for my 02' I will go that route again.

But Eddie,CF rotors are mandatory at speeds in excess of 150MPH:lol:

agree with you, 100% ,OEM rotors are just fine, is nothing to be gained on a trac with anything else.

Very enlighting! I have been thinking about doing the D/S rotors, but now I guess I won't bother, just stay with the stock setup and put the extra money in to another area.

Thanks everybody for your input!

Thank you all for the replies. I have been running stock rotors with the Wagner extreme duty pads and they have worked pretty well for me (much less fade on mountain roads). I was just wondering what are the pros and cons of slotted. Seems like there are both, but also seems that the OEM are well enough and will last longer.

Stock it is!

Thanks again!

An example. Not my rotors, just a photo I found, drill holes are cracked but slots are not.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts