Silverstar Ultras

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Well, after reading a few posts about these, I picked some up with my discount at work so someone here can try em. I have 2 pairs, $30 shipped each pair.

It's a different headlight. The stock ones are not very bright, and many people choose to upgrade to Silverstars, PIAA, Hella, or other brands. These are the newest from Sylvania, the Silverstar Ultra, and is supposed to be the brightest DOT certified replacement headlights. They retail at $49.99 + tax...

I sent an e-mail to Jackie.

LarryC, if you want a set, I can pick some more up for the same price, just let me know. And yes, I do take PayPal to the e-mail address in my profile.

I sent you the money through pay pal let me know when you get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've received money from Jackie and bob. Jackie, yours will go out tomorrow, and bob I'll have to pick some more up at work and yours will go out on Wednesday or Tuesday afternoon. I think that will have been the entire display they have out, lol, so until we get some more in, I can't promise any for anyone else.

It's the same as in my profile. I will see how many they have left and will buy the rest of them. Didn't think there'd be such a high demand, lol, I'd just seen a few posts on them but no one really knew how good they were, and I don't have my headlight harnesses any more since I upgraded. I know we have the original Silverstars, and I can get those for roughly $20 a set (retail is around $35).

So, on the list: bob, LarryC, and MikeC for the Ultras.

cool ! if I.m understanding you these are brighter lightbulbs right ,you take your old ones out and put the new ones in.

thanks I'll be waiting on them these are not those blue lights I hope I hate them there bright two feet infront of you and blind everyone else but you can't see with them

Okay, well, good news and bad news.

bob, they are not blue, they are very white, and the Silverstar bulb is very respected by the members here.

Bad news, I called up there and asked, and there are only two sets of Ultras left. bob is getting a set because he already paid, and LarryC is first on the list. I will e-mail him and ask if he's still interested. If he's not, MikeC has next dibs, and then pete 03. I think this is the best way to go about it.

If anyone is interested, they do have plenty of the regular Silverstars, which are still a great improvement over OEM bulbs.

I'll pass this time. ST's not even a year old. MikeC and get them.

:unsure:

Although can you get ultra's for the low side of an 2000 Ford Contour. wife complaining they last set of silverstar's are getting dim. Been on since 01

:)

Yes I can, price would be the same. I'll post here tomorrow night to let everyone know they've been packaged up, ready to go.

When yall get your bulbs, please report on how bright they are compared to OEM, and if you have them, standard Silverstars.

Jeff C, I bought the ultras about a week ago. Had the standard Silverstars. They seem a bit brighter (much brighter then stock) then standard Silverstars. So far no complaints

Latest posts