Silverstar Turn Signals

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny O

Reaction score
Put new Silverstar turn signals in today.

Not really worthy of a Member Project in my opinion, but here ya go.

Before, with clear lens and amber bulb:

[Broken External Image]:

You will need a 10mm socket and two extensions to remove the headlamp housing:

[Broken External Image]:

Remove the two top bolts, the lower bolt only needs to be loosened and not removed but it's way down in there.

Bulbs side by side:

[Broken External Image]:

The Silverstar is on the left. You will need a #3457 bulb. I couldn't find them anywhere in a Silverstar but Advance Auto special-ordered them and had them the next day. Also notice how nice and green my yard is. :D

After:

[Broken External Image]:

They look blue but light up amber. Not really any brighter than stock IMO. I've them in the wife's Taurus for a few years already just because they look nice.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Write it up and submit....

We could use some 07 specific projects..

Todd Z

Ordered the bulbs I like the look. Why don't you do a project post on how you get the grass to look so green. We haven't had rain for a month and mine is burnt to a chrisp.

JadedRedfish said:
Why don't you do a project post on how you get the grass to look so green. We haven't had rain for a month and mine is burnt to a crisp.

Agway's 4-Stage Fertilizer System. Four different bags you put on at different times of the year.

Also it is Spring in Pennsylvania which means it is somewhat cool and rains a lot and everything grows like crazy.