shudder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed ritti

Reaction score
I have had my 2004 ST with 70k for 5 months now and have had no problems (knock on wood). This morning while merging onto the local highway i had to punch it. It made its way from 30 - 65, but not as fast as before. There was a shudder and the engine light was blinking. After 1/2 mile the light stopped and so did the shudder.

I filled up in Philly on saturday night at a pretty shady gas station. wondering if I just have bad gas (my wife thinks that's always the case)

Sounds like a fuel problem, miss fire, or transmission issue....

have a place scan the computer and get us the code and we can further help you..

Todd Z

definitely did not feel like a trans problem. I'll get the code this afternoon - thanks. will it produce a code even though the engine light is off?

not if the engine light is off (from my understanding). My old explorer use to do something like that a lot (check engine light was on for several other reasons so I don't know if the light would have went off or not). It was from a burned out spark plug.

I had the same problem but the flashing light never went out. The shudder got bad within minutes, so I only drove it a few miles to a safe place. Then had it towed since the engine light kept flashing. Turns out a couple of fuel injectors went bad and were dumping fuel onto the pistons. The oil became somewhat diluted with gas in that short period.

Latest posts