Should put insurance on my atv trailer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris,

Allstate here covers me towing a utility trailer that does not require brakes.

Check your current policy and see, you may be covered !!! I dont know who you have

Todd Z

Todd Z, I have commerce ins and my agent was going to check and see if he added ins for the trailer, how much it will cost me.

My trailer is insured as long as it is being towed by my insured ST. I dont have to pay anything extra to have the trailer insured.

In MOST states, the liability on the towing vehicle will extend to the trailer, but for liability only. If your trailer were to disconnect and hit another car, the liability from the towing vehichle would cover property damage and injuries up to the limits on the policy but would not cover damage to the trailer. Physical damage coverage to the trailer will have to be added to your policy. Keep in mind that I said MOST states.

Rod

In my case, I'm not worried about the liability, because I know it's covered under the vehicle. I'm worried that the trailer will get ripped off. Mine is pricey. And I insure the atv's also, mostly for liability and medical claims. I think the trailer ins is less than $25 a year, and the atv's(2) are less than $200.

In Ohio, insurance on a trailer is for fire and theft. When you are towing, your vehicles insurance covers it for accidents.

Tom

Generally speaking, as mentioned above, the liability will carry onto the towing vehicle.

That said, trailers are normally very cheap to get full coverage. I bought 26 grand worth two jet skis and pay only 289.00 a year for the skis, the trailer, anything on or attached to the trailer for total replacement in the need any of it is damaged.

Not worth not covering it in my opinion...

Latest posts