Shocks? Not the typical question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
I think its finally time to get rid of the stock shocks like everyone suggests. I am still undecided between the Rancho RSX5000, RSX9000, or the Monroe Reflex, but anyway that is the typical question. Would take anyone opinion if you so chose but there are plenty of previous post I could read over when I get a chance.

My real question is to do with the current Monroe rebate. I see that the buy 3 get 1 free thing is going on again through May. I found 3 or 4 online retailers offering this deal but JC Whitney did not specifically mention it. I would like to use JC Whitney this time because of anothe promo code I have for them that would give me 20% off my order, plus there are some other items I want to order at the same time. My question is can I still send in the Monroe rebate form with my receipt from JC Whitney and get the rebate. Under the details on the rebate homepage it says buy from an "official" dealer and allows you to put in your zip code and find local dealers, it list virtually every auto parts store that I can think of so this kind of makes me think that you can buy them anywhere and get the rebate. Like I said other online retailers specifically bring the rebate to your attention but it is not mentioned on JC Whitney at all. Anyone know.

The only thing is, if JC isn't on thier list, they may decline your rebate. JC usually doesn't list these type of rebates since they think they give such good prices to begin with, they don't like to advertise these things. You can give it a try since they are sold on JC, they should honor the rebate. That's just my opinion.;)

I just bought the reflex and like them a lot. I also have an issue with that rebate, mostly in that the shop 'accidentally' gave me the wrong end of the box and I'm not sure they'll honor it now. Then again, they tried to talk me out of a bf goodrich rebate on the tires I just bought there too. It's like they don't want you getting the money because it cuts into their profits or something.

I would call JCW's 800# and explain your issue. With a copy of the JCW purchase invoice and the box tops. I myself dont see why monroe would deny the rebate. It is a factory thing.

The other discount is a from JCW. JMO..;) Never had your issue but I never had any problems getting JCW's discount.

I know the JCW 20% off discount will work I was just wondering about the rebate. I think I'll just go ahead and order them, even if the rebate doesn't work the 20% off JCW code would end up making it almost the same as I've found on other sites, just a matter of about $5, if I end up with both that would be great.