Shipping wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Beals

Reaction score
What is the most cost effective way to do this, and what does it typically run? Hugh has this question posted under a different topic, but I was afraid the question might not get too many reads. I have an interest in finding out the answer myself.

Also posted in the general board to catch more viewers.

I found most will fit in a large TV box from a shipping store, i have got 2 in each box... then ship UPS or DHL or fedex....

Check pricing and be truthfull with the size and weight as they will double check !

Todd Z

i bought 4- 18 inch wheels from rebelford on this site and from northcarolina to new hampshire was i think like 85.00 per fedex.

Thanks for that link Eddie; very useful. Also, good info. jupton. Just a wild guess at the weight of each wheel and tire together came up in that neighborhood.

Anybody know the actual weight of the XLT wheels and an approximate weight of a 265/75R16? Don't think I'll be able to get one off and weighed too soon.

Yeah, I was on lunch break and in a hurry when I posted. The tires themselves are about 40lbs each. Trying to find out about the wheels.

tbeals, I'll see what we can work out. I know 85.00 each just isn't going to work but if we can figure out a price that works for both of us with shipping included, I'll see what I can do.

Wow, I completely misread that post from jupton...was thinking 85 total for shipping...an extra $255 on top of that is tougher to swallow. I see why folks refuse to ship.

Yeah, that's why I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make it reasonable.

Oh, well that's much more reasonable. I may be able to get to our shipping store with an unmounted wheel/tire Tuesday depending on how my research paper is coming along.

If you have a friend or family member that works for the airlines all airline employees get 90% off shipping from FedEx.The airlines give FedEx employees discounted flights and they give the 90% shipping discount in return. I shipped all my buddys stuff by FedEx from NY when he moved to California.

A rough estimate on greyhound looks to be around $240.

I used to work for a Delta contracted parts warehouse. I left on good terms and might be able to ship through them. I could see what they would do it for and I know they'd do it at cost but it would be Christmas before I could get to them.

Latest posts