She's Back

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Stewart

Reaction score
After 4 weeks and I picked up my not quite totaled 04 Sport Trac tonite 2 pages with total charges that included; front door replaced $929.93 rear door replaced $929.93 body side molding drivers side $117.28 rear cab corner $381.13 left rocker molding $206.12 drivers side running board $428.60 step pad $51.47 tire $176.29 wheel $169.99 wheel center cap $57.33. Total parts $3564.20 Total labor $2100.50. Total paint $780.00 Total sublet $491.95 After taxes and associated fees it all came to $7173.72 just shy of Maryland's 75% rule so I guess my 04 Limited with 164,000 miles is worth a little more than 10k not too bad. All parts were new Ford parts no used to reproductions.

Drives straight and I will have to inspect fully in proper daylight to be sure it is the best it can be but a friend own's the shop so I will have no problems if there is anything that is not quite right.

All in all good to have her home but I was kind of getting used to my 2012 Explorer Limited lots of power and bells and whistles to keep me entertained! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear you got the truck back. Was everything done to your satisfaction? Yeah, the Explorer is a quite competent vehicle, but its not a Trac! Do you have before and after photo's? Post 'em. Bob

Sold my 2004 Adren with 113K for 11,500 Local.......

Glad your backn tracn !!!

Todd Z

I have a few on the phone will have to see if I can transfer them over? What might be the best way? It was dark and rainy today so no after pictures that would be any good maybe tomorrow. It is a lot smaller inside but is also easier to park better outward visibility. When I was pretty sure mine was a total. I looked within a 500 mile radius of the D.C. area and could find only 1 other another 04-05 Limited Trac for sale and it was a 05 that they wanted 12k for at a lot in Pa. it had less than 100k.

If you have an unlimited data plan, then you should be able to email them to yourself. If you have to watch out for large transfers, you can usually take the memory card out and read it on card reader attached to a computer (if you have one).

Glad the truck is back home where she belongs! Hopefully she's better than before and gives you a few more good years.

:eek:fftopic:On a side note-

Insurance companies use the retail value of a car to determine the total point value. You wouldn't get that amount for trade-in. You may get close to it on private sale if your ride is a gem.

Example. My brother in laws 2002 Accord was appraised for trade in at $4,250. Value according to Allstate after he was hit in the rear was over $6,500, so the $3,700 in damage wasn't enough to total the car. A wholesaler gave him $2,200 for the car so he walked away with $5,900 in his pocket.

Short of it all? When you're close to the totalling value but not quite there and if you're not attached to the car, take the insurance payout (don't fix it) and then sell the car to a wholesaler. That's your best bang for the buck to have the most money to go towards a replacement.:back2topic: