Shackles or add leaf?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson Vagenas

Reaction score
ok need some opinions. what does everyone think about pros and cons of shackles and add leaf. ok what i am looking at is ride andoverall performance. i want about 1.5 to2 inches of lift. soplz give ur opinion. thanks

Shackles, Easiest, cheapest and about the same ride overall.....

Plus a lot easier to remove down the road..

Todd Z

I have 2 inch shackles. They are easy/cheap to do yourself (with the right tools) and honestly I don't notice a difference in my ride. It's a truck and handles as such. :D

eBay shackles. About 1/2 the price of the Warrior shackles and honestly, better built I have installed both.

The only downside is the seller takes a little too long to ship, but for the price and absolutly stunning quality, it is worth the wait.

Tom

From your other post------
ok so i think im going with shackles but where is the bestplace to buythem? And what brand should i buy? ohyeahcan they be adjusted for different hight? with a tt i want the truck to be level so let me kow whatu all think

look for shackles on ebay like Caymen said. I have them also and they are amazing. No u can not adjust them. and a TT will help return it to its orginal rake height.