SENSA TRAC SHOCKS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
HEY FOLKS THINKING ABOUT GETTING THE SENSA TRAC SHOCKS FROM SEARS , OFFERING FREE INSTALL, QUESTION I HAVE 70,000 MILES ON OEM SHOCKS, AND WILL PROBABLY BE KEEPING THE TRUCK TILL AROUND 100,000 MILES. I TOW A SEA D00 WHICH DOESN'T WEIGH ALL THAT MUCH, ARE THE SENSA TRTACS SUFFICEINT ENOUGH FOR WHAT i NEED ?,DON'T REALLY WANT TO SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY FOR REFLEXS, AND ARE THE SENSA TRCA ALOT BETTER THAN THE OEM SHOCKS

Any thing is better then what was on the trac from the factory. I can't believe you did not change them out yet. You must like the ride of those old cadys . . . .

I just installed Reflex shocks on my '01 4X4 just a few weeks ago and they were not hard to put on at all.

I'm by no means a mechanic, and I got them on with no problem. Sears may offer "free" installation, but what are they charging you for the shocks themselves? Save yourself the money and do it in your driveway. It'll only take a couple of hours.

TIP: There's a shock socket that you'll need to hold the top of the front shocks still while you tighten down the nut to compress the bushing. Get that before you start, follow the projects in the project section and you'll be just fine.

I have had the SensaTracs for about 30,000 miles now and like them. However, they are about to be replaced, as I did a bit of kind of heavy offroading last fall. Wore them out then I think, and the potholes are starting to feel bad again...

Reflex is alittle stiffer. After some miles they loosen up though. I like the extra stiffness.

I have the reflexes in my 03 and the sensa tracs on the 04...

The 03 is a firm all the time ride, Which I like..

The 04 is softer on the normal road, but when you push them in corners and turns, the do tighten up......

Todd Z

I replace the OEM with Sensa Tracs myself. I did that and front and rear sway bars in my driveway in about 5 hours. I bought a set of ratcheting wrenches, and was really glad I did for some part of this job. I forget which, but it is mentioned in one of the the projects posted in that section of this site. Use those project write ups to do your research, and you will be fine. You can do it yourself, I'm sure.

I have sensa tracs on my ST. Had Sears install them since install was free. I tow 3 of my boats often with my Trac including a 21' offshore boat.

You'll be fine.

Latest posts