Sensa Trac front, reflex rear?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountyMounty

Reaction score
Monroe warrantied my shocks for me after some emailing back and forth. I had reflex shocks all around but they no longer make reflex for the front. The Monroe rep stated "you are right we no longer make reflex part number 911122 but we make one that is an exact replacement". They direct shipped four new shocks to me to install. What I received was two sensa-trac for the front and two reflex for the rear. It appears that they are very similar but I'm thinking not exactly the same. I believe the reflexes are a bit stiffer. So considering how the ST is already much lighter in the rear what do you all think about putting the sensa trac on the front and reflexes on the rear or would you do all sensa trac (since all reflex is no longer an option).

I wouldn't worry about it. Tracs aren't as light in the rear as a regular pickup because the cab is longer and the bed is shorter.

If you want something simular to reflex on all 4 corners. See if Tenneco, Monroes parent company. Will replace them with rancho rs5000 series.

If you are like me I like the extra stifness in the front also. Many here like the sensa-trac shocks. I dont.

They are better than oem. I have rode in a freinds gen1 trac with sensa-tracs. I like my ride better. Less nose dive and sway on turns, than front sensa-tracs. But each to his own. Some of us drive differently.

I have the rancho rsx. They are the same internaly as monroe reflex. The rsx is no longer made either. So when that warranty day comes. I will use the rancho rs5000 series. They are the same internaly as the reflex and the rsx.

IMO as the gen1 trac and the explorer of the same suspension, phased out. I think tenneco did some consolidating of products, and droped some product series.

Johnny, Is right about being OK. My opinion is what is preference. Not what is offered now.

Try them, if not happy. Contact Tenneco about the rancho rs5000 exchange. That will get you as close to the reflex you are use too.

I don't think you can compare dampning ability real well on new shocks out of the box. The seals, etc. probably restrict movement a lot until they get broken in.

Gavin, Ditto on that. My Rancho RSX shocks were very stiff out of the box. After 1000miles. The ride was perfect.

If you have gotten used to firmness and handling of the Reflex, you may find the SensaTrac too soft.

They are intended as an "original ride quality" replacement vs. the Reflex "increased handling/performance"

Don't get me wrong, I love my SensaTrac's in all four corners but don't drive like Eddie either. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: