Senator Kerry appoligizes...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chops--

I guess that photo proves that Kerry's comment was right--it truly is the morons that are getting stuck in Iraq, as proven by their horrendous spelling.

(Yes, I realize that their spelling is intentionally incorrect. But if it's OK for the Conservatives to take the ludicrous stand that Kerry meant to insult the troops, then it's also OK for me to take the equally ludicrous stand that the troops that made this sign are moronic enough to spell things this badly without any sarcastic intent.)

--Bill

BillV says: "But if it's OK for the Conservatives to take the ludicrous stand that Kerry meant to insult the troops"

So he either meant to insult the troops, or he meant to insult the POTUS. Either way they both deserve respect and it just shows the levels at which BOTH parties will stoop to further their interests!

Kerry is a hack. I saw a headline today with his picture, and it said:

"Now He's a Footnote!"

He's done. Finished. Next!

I just listened to what Kerry said, and he was being very facetious (although in bad taste). He was meaning no disrespect to the troops at all, and everyone in the audience Got It. As usual the White House can't take a joke and turns it into a pack of lies. :(

Rodger says:
As usual the White House can't take a joke and turns it into a pack of lies.

As SAID it was not a joke against the White House, but the troops. Even if delivered as the speech writer "supposedly" wrote it, its still a jab at the White House and our troops with the listener to determine whom the jab was more directed towards.

There's no pack of lies here.

Kerry has an EARNED reputation as a guy that paints our fighting men and women with a broad brush stroke of contempt, and for that reason alone I think he delivered the line AS HE MEANT IT.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
I still believe that he and his staff felt it would be a jab or a joke either at the White House or Bush. But, if you read what he had intended to say, it was still very much an insult to the troops.

So either way, he is wrong and has mud on his face.

I took the hit pretty personal, he simply should have felt it out more before saying either his original quote or what he actually said..

I am a current service member and have served during both Gulf Wars and I was not offended. I got what he attempted to say. I wouldn't vote for him personally, because he seems self righteous, but most politicians are. I don't vote by party, I vote with my heart and follow those who APPEAR to have my interest at heart. :)

My statement:

Bush and the Repubs are no better for exploiting the situation for political gain. All of this is at the expense of the soldiers, and most people are too blind to see it, but quick to rally against the bad man that said that and support the troops. By the way, supporting troops is trendy now dont'cha know, it's up there with ipods and little American flags.

Yours:

This is how mutual respect is earned . Please don't disrespect My intellegence or My rights with a comparison to a "trendy I pod ".

I never did. You may have read too much into it, to have taken that as a personal affront.

I vote with my heart and follow those who APPEAR to have my interest at heart.

That is probably the best any of us can do. It is a shame that so many good candidates are pushed out over meaningless BS. Usually it is not the BEST candidate that gets nominated, but the candidate who can WIN for the party. That's how you end up with child molesters in charge of protecting children from child molestors.

Everyone wants to be so damn democrat or republican though, that the 3rd party candidate either never gets elected, or "takes away votes" from the other losing party.

Roger, how do you see it going against the students?

Kerry specifically said if you do not get educated you will end up in Iraq. Well, the only thing in Iraq are our troops, not students.

I can see if it is twisted enough that it is a jab at the students if they do not do well in school. If that is your angle, I guess I can see that.

But I truly believe his intent was to jab at Bush and the White House, as it turned out, it nailed the troops...

I say put ALL of the politicians in body armor and give them a rifle , send them to Iraq(front lines) for a month.maybe they would work together then!!!:angry:

Roy--Why give them armor? I like your idea, but send them in the way they sent our troops in--without adequate protection!

(I also like your idea of sending them in with rifles--but you didn't mention ammo, so I assume they don't get any. Another great idea! :D )

Kerry should have stayed on the sidelines instead of indulging his fantasy of running again. That being said, his statements were a JOKE, and attacking a man who actually ran into combat ignores the real and deadly insults this administration has accomplished against our troops. To wit: 1. waging war on false pretenses 2. sending troops in ill-equipped 3. No plan for the "peace" 4. not taking ANY steps to encourage fuel conservation- how do you think Arab terrorists are financed? 4. the infamous"Major combat operations are over" bit 5.putting our troops in an unwinnable situation. By the way, Bechtel has "cut and run" from Iraq after receiving and supposedly spending our billions....to "rebuild"

Message for Jon Carry.

[Broken External Image]:

Dang, I finally got a pic to move into the forum. Thought this was funny for those that may not have seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viet Nam Vetetan here. WIA. Kerry's comment didn't bother me at all. But the flap sure did. LMAOROTF. Every body clammoring about it. Politicions neet to get a life. LOL :)

Coastiejoe, My point is that the military only wants the best educated, and from what I've heard you have to pass an intelligence test to get in because of all the sophisticated high tech stuff our military is using. In other words the better educated you are the more the military wants you. Right?

jj--"...for those that may not have seen it." You mean, like earlier in this very thread?

Bill V, thanks for rubbing my face in it.:D Believe it or not I did a search on "Kerry" to make sure that I didn't repeat someone else. Apparently, that particular picture didn't load fast enough and I didn't catch it. However, I did find it...after I had already posted, not only here, but in a few more threads.

OPPs, I guess this proves that anyone con make a mistake, I wonder who here has not said or did something that they regretted later and wished they could take back.

You got to love the way that the facists will pick on Kerry's medals while avoiding the fact that he served TWO tours of duty in VN. That alone would make him a hero as far as I am concerned. Now Bush and Cheney on the other hand did not serve in VN and it follows that they did not get any medals that could be contested.;)

Of course, that is not to say that Kerry would have made a good President, personally I don't think he would have. Not that the current person in that position is doing all that great either.:rolleyes:

Latest posts