Senator Kerry appoligizes...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Personally, his apology means nothing. He really should have thought it out LONG before he spoke.

Being a veteran, I take his comments personally.

I think he cost him self and many of his fellow democrats thousands and thousands of votes. He has single handily affected this election.....

My issue has nothing to do with Republicans or Democrats. Since he is a Democrat, it will affect them. You know it is bad when they canceled his appearances today and his fellow workers asked him not to join them in their support...

Even though I can't stand the guy and still wonder what the Democratic party was thinking when they nominated him, I believe this whole thing was blown out of proportion by the media. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.

For what it is worth he botched the punchline of the joke. It was supposed to be something along the lines of "if you are uneducated you could wind up SENDING people to Iraq. It was supposed to be a crack at Bush but he messed up the delivery.

It doesn't matter what he meant to say...the words are out there and it shows what an a$$ he and his ultra liberal, smarter than you, ilk are all about. If the Doomocrates win both houses of congress, more of that crap is what we'll have to put up with.

If it was a flup then it was a Freudian slip, as this guy has been painting our troops with a broad brush-stroke of contempt since the early 70s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think that his intention was to knock on Bush.

That said, Bush is reaping the benefits of Kerry's attempts.

Being a Veteran, we tend to take comments like that pretty personal. I hope Kerry sleeps well under the blanket of protection I helped build for him....

I didn't hear what he said, so I looked it up...

While campaigning Oct. 30 for California gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides, Kerry said: ``Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''

Let me first say I am not coming to Kerrys defense on this at all, I just thought when all this happened it would have been like he was calling himself stupid having served 1 or 2 tours in Vietnam.

Maybe he was flashing back to the Vietnam era when we had the draft and by staying in college it kept you out of the draft. Worked for me. At least for a couple of years.

pnoid72 says:
Let me first say I am not coming to Kerrys defense on this at all, I just thought when all this happened it would have been like he was calling himself stupid having served 1 or 2 tours in Vietnam.

You mean it would have been like Kerry, after having served in Vietnam, coming back and calling his fellow troops rapist and baby killers of barbaric proportion for no other reason than to jumpstart his political career.

Yeah, Kerry wouldn't do that!

Just like he wouldn't tell a joke about our troops being stupid for the sake of politics, then claim he meant it to be about Bush, not the troops.

Right!

TJR

Here is some more details on what he said and what he wanted to say,

Two days ago, Kerry stirred controversy when he told a group of California students that individuals who don't study hard and do their homework would likely "get stuck in Iraq." Aides said the senator had mistakenly dropped one word from his prepared remarks, which was originally written to say "you end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq." In that context, they said, it was clear Kerry was referring to Bush, not to the troops.

(This quote is from a democratic supporter and it still comes across bad).

After reading it, I have to say i would be just as upset with his words no matter which phrase he said. Either way, it makes people of the military sound stupid. So, even if he did say what he had intended to say, I seriously think we would be right where we are today with this....

Actually both. There are many sound bites on the INTERNET of Mr. Bush telling his audience "mission accomplished" Below is a transcript from one of them

Latest posts