Senator Kerry appoligizes...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago the Republican Democratic thing meant much more. Not these guys kind of ride the fence to try to please the largest percentage possible.

Way back with my grand father it meant something. They honored their party and stuck to their guns. Not anymore with the exception of rare cases. They all fold to the lobbyist, or who will donate the most money.

As far as I am concerned, they are all independents...

I think it's time for the Dem's to correct it again.

What he said: "Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.''

What the Dems have claimed he meant to say: "Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you get us stuck in Iraq.''

What they really should claim that he meant to say: "Education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. And if you don't, you're stupid enough to believe the ridiculous Republican claims that I actually intended to imply that the people in our armed forces are not intelligent.''

Coastie, just curious--and this is not a slam, it is truly an honest curiosity--Was your misspelling of "apologizes" in the subject line a very clever criticism, or an honest and extremely ironic misspelling? If the former, I give you full credit--that was quite creative and humorous! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Coastiejoe,

I have to disagree that today's politician ride the fence. I actually wish they did ride the fence. That would imply they are more moderate when in fact they are now just the opposite and go to extremes to disagree with the other political party.

Years ago politicians would compromise and vote for a bill backed by the other party if they would back his bill. Maybe a bit weak and wishy-washy, but that's how things got done. Now that nobody agrees on anything and compromise is out of the question, the only way to get something done is to control the Senate and the House.

Also the Line-Item veto was supposed to streamline the passage of laws etc, but instead has removed all efforts to compromise because the president does not have to support any compromise worked out in the House or Senate by vetoing the other party's bill while passing his party's bill. Years ago he had to sign both into law if he want either one of the bills to pass, or he had to veto both bills.

It's a fact that the majority of Americans are very middle of the road, support some conservative and some libral ideas. It's the political parties that are the extremist, and they are as rabid as the Islamic extremist we are fight in Afhganistan and Iraq.

...Rich

I agree with Richard L. There is no bipartisan politics. Coastiejoe is right though when he said our politicians are working only for lobbyist and special interest groups. No one seems to give a damn about the people anymore. The American people need to wake up and take action. Maybe if we all refused to pay taxes?

"No taxation without representation." It worked for our forefathers.

Screw them all, I hate politicians. However, there isn't a chance in hell I would vote for a Republican from now through 2008. Some of you take sides with these f***ers like they really care about you.

As for Kerry, I heard his "joke" and knew he was taking a shot at Bush before the news people explained how "it was insulting to the troops". If anything, I hate his dumb @$$ for screwing that up and giving Bush the opp to tear him up over it. He should have just laid low, and not played into the same mudslinging BS that the 'pubs are famous for.

Bush and the Repubs are no better for exploiting the situation for political gain. All of this is at the expense of the soldiers, and most people are too blind to see it, but quick to rally against the bad man that said that and support the troops. By the way, supporting troops is trendy now dont'cha know, it's up there with ipods and little American flags.

It doesn't matter what he meant to say...the words are out there and it shows what an a$$ he and his ultra liberal, smarter than you, ilk are all about. If the Doomocrates win both houses of congress, more of that crap is what we'll have to put up with.

...and this is worse than our current situation how? Smug and rich Democrats vs. dumb, smug, oblivious, and rich Republicans. Did they ever think they might need to actually run the country? Either way we lose.

Boy I'm glad President Bush has never said anything stupid.

Mission accomplished

The mission accomplished statement was referring to the Aircraft Carriers mission and the completion of the invasion of Iraq. Like our President or not he at least has the nuts to make the unpopular decision and stick with it. Nobody, not even his dad was willing to take this on. Clinton took a shot or two with some cruise missile's but got distracted with his own missile. Facing Iraq was going to be inevitable. Kind of like the Fram slogan "You can pay me now or you can pay me later."

Of course the republicans are going to push this one hard, probably hoping to take some attention off Mark Foley, etc (not sure that any of these kind of issues really have anything to do with the parties). I'm sure his intent was to cut Bush, but it did come out very wrong. I believe it should / will hurt Kerry politically more than the whole party itself. IMO, I don't think I want someone in a position of diplomat that makes mistakes that large. Next thing you know, he'll 'accidentally' be making jokes about some foreign power to their leadership. I personally miss the days where politicians were considered 'statesmen' and were better at stating what they meant. Like them or not, that's one thing Clinton and Reagan did well.

Bill, at first it was an accident and my spell checker caught it. But then I thought it was funny to leave it as is...

Nobelman,

I agreed with you right up to the point of "By the way,supporting troops is ...blah, blah, blah"

With Veterans Day approaching I think if you feel that supporting our troops is like an I pod

you need to unplug your head phones cause its frying you brain.

We have freedoms and rights today because of our troops past and present . If this is your way of thinking I'm not sure of what the future will hold.

I am an American Veteran who served my country . I fought and lost many a friend who also believed in what our country stands for.

I am not sorry for waving my American flag weither it be small or big, it still is the flag of our country. ( yes ...I do fly my flag 365 days since 1976)

Thank a veteran and our troops for all the freedoms and rights you and your family enjoy today because it comes at high price .

Sorry for jumping on the soap box and going off track alittle but just couldn't let this slid by. If I offended anyone I appoligize .

Thanks you Veterans and Troops for the freedoms and rights you have given me.

Still think Kerry's 1 can short of a 6 pack;)

Pete03

The fact that he needed to be called out to apologize just shows the character of the man. Kerry is a dirt bag that did nothing but fire up the Republican Party. His apology means nothing.

Ape Out.

Did this change the way I will vote? Nope. He didn't even have the balls to go on TV and appologize. He did have the balls to say on National TV that he "owes and appology to no-one". Wow.

When was the last time the likes of Kerry, Fienstien, Schumer, Clinton, Durbin, Kennedy, Byrd, Lincoln, Snow, et al actually went over to Iraq, saw first hand what was going on and actually talked with active soldiers? I can't recall... oh yeah, they havn't. But appearantly the nightly news gives them plenty of 'reliable' information for them to talk about how our soldiers are "terrorizing women and children in teh dead of night". Right.

I am not a member of either party, but rather a Christian first, American Second and Conservative third. I vote the issues I hold dear to my heart:

-National Security

-Pro-Life

-Pro-Religious Freedom

-Pro-Gun

-Anti-Tax

That means for this election-

1) I will vote the Democrat for Govenor (pro-gun, anti-tax)

2) I will vote Rep. for US Senate (not that he will win against Blanch Lincoln - best friends with <ARGH> Hillary and Diane and Chucky)

3) I will vote Rep. for US House

4) I will vote (I) for mayor

5) I will vote Conservative for County Judges (no parties listed)

6) I will vote Rep. for Lt. Gov (the Dem is a real POS that should never be in office)

7) I will vote Rep. for Attny General (only because the Dem is wishy-washy on guns)

8) I will hold my nose for Treasurer (don't know who yet)

9) I will vote Rep. for Sec. of State (his name is Charlie Daniels... how could you not like that?(Not the reason I'm voting for him though))

Most of our National politicians are smug, arrogant turds that can't give a rat's rear end about us until it's time for them to get re-elected, then all of a sudden they care. Sorry. Do more for me while in DC then we can talk. Make my tax cuts permanent, STFU about Iraq and get the job done, quit lambasting my president, love him or hate him. Get over yourselves.

Honestly, I'd love to see a term limit for house and senate. Get the old dried-up farts like Kennedy and KKK Byrd out of there.

Shrek, that is my point.

Parties really are no longer "the way to go".

You/we need to vote for what we believe in. By voting strictly for a party, your following archived history more than anything else, and history has changed in our day and age...

Sorry for jumping on the soap box and going off track alittle but just couldn't let this slid by. If I offended anyone I appoligize .

Dude, jump on your box all you want. Believe me you don't want to go there about me defending troops, but since you did, I'll have my honest feelings and risk offending more people.

The same idiots that want to speak out against the war, speak out against the troops, talk s*** about the troops, say the troops should make up their own minds and walk out, agree to let the troops go to war but nit pick about how they do their job, did not give a f*** about this country or the troops a few years ago. There were no flags waving around here, there were no little yellow ribbon magnets, there were no trendy droppings of the catch phrase "Support Our Troops", and where there were, they were rare.

A few planes changed all that, and suddenly there was a shortage of anything with an American flag on it. Not only was there a call for war, but there was a shortage of open slots for basic training. With all that, thankfully, someone reminded the American public of the atrocities which welcomed the troops home from Vietnam. Someone reminded that such actions would result in violent reactions. Someone reminded people that they may be subjected to foot-in-ass disease, and that it may result in death. But flying a flag and openly supporting troops? That drew applause and positive attention.

So yes, supporting the troops and flying your flag has become trendy. If you genuinely feel proud of those things, then good for you, you deserve a cookie. If you really support them, what have you done for them lately? Don't answer with a list of your doings, I don't care. That's a personal deed that does not need to be advertised, but thank you for having done something.

If you're one of the pricks looking for a nice catch phrase to end your speech, or some other public relations nicety or car doo-dad, go fu** yourself. The troops have gone from needing support, to becoming a political pawn for everyone from protestors to politicians.

I know there are some nice places in this country where people fly their flags all the time and have support rallies. I don't live in one of them. I walk by protests, and trendy people all day. The flags come out twice a year, Veteran's day is not one of them, neither is Memorial day. The ribbon magnets have made the manufacturers rich, yet only some places actually donate the proceeds to military families or personnel.

The same people that a few years ago bashed the military, are now the ones that start off their conversations about it with: "First off, let me say that I support the troops".

All politicians think we are dump & stupid, and I agree with all of the above on the point of all they think about is their pocket books and how well they look to the voters. I see here that most of the country is fed up with it. That is why I will probably not vote for either of the mojor parties, except where there is only a choice between the two I will vote Democrate. We have to put a STOP to partisan politics, and give our screwed up government a wake-up call. :blink:

I have been studying Ken Wilbers integral model in "The Theory of Everything" book. Facinating stuff if you can wrap your brain around it.

Just understand not everyone has done the "trendy thing".

There are some people who still believe that The United States of America is still better then most countries. And if you don't believe this don't let the door... well you know the rest.

The right to disagree is one of "Our" freedoms as well as the abilitity to speak "Our"mind ,

be it right, wrong or indifferent any way you slice it , it is still "Our" right to do so.

This is how mutual respect is earned . Please don't disrespect My intellegence or My rights with a comparison to a "trendy I pod ".

Enjoy what we have now because it may not be there tomorrow.

Pete03

Latest posts