Seller scam on Ebay - BargainDepot04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phill R

Reaction score
For all the Ebay users that are here, This, I chalked up to a learning experience but seems to be a much bigger problem. Here is correspondence.

To: @att.net

Subject: Message from eBay Member

Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:55:54

Like you I was scammed by BargainDepot04. He laughs in our face with retaliatory FB meant to embarrass us. He makes money selling defective items with inflated freight and add-on charges against eBay policy. We cut our losses by not returning the item. But, if we do, he gets to sell the same trash again. Its win-win for him. He does not answer email, phone or regular mail. CD is a liquidation company with multiple identities. This does not give him and his accomplice eBay the right to STEAL from unsuspecting buyers. Some are getting FULL REFUNDS from cc companies with; item shipped is not item purchased. THE TENNESSEE ATTORNEY GENERAL IS ABOUT TO TAKE THIS CASE PUBLIC. CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION [email protected] . Join other unhappy buyers, register at http://www.feebay.org to find out what we are doing and what you can do. UNCHECK HIDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL BECAUSE WE USE OUR LIMITED EBAY EMAIL ALLOWANCE TO CONTACT OTHER BUYERS

To: @att.net

Subject: RE: Message from eBay Member - Reply

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:53:17 +0000 [View Source]

Thanks for the reply.

I know this is a long reply but there is just so much to say about Marty Fike, especially now that we have the Tennessee Attorney General’s attention. The first part of this e-mail is our standard reply. Further down in this e-mail is a request from the Tennessee Attorney General’s office. Lots of unhappy buyers are contacting the TN AG. You should to. They want to hear from you.

Marty operates under, at least, these aliases today; Consumer Depot, ConsumerDepot04, BargainDepot04, ReturnDealz04, SurplusDealz04, SWDiscounters, UBid-It, BargainUniverse05, FactoryDealz, and TechGraveyard - maybe more. ID’s change from time to time as names get to hot to handle. eBay is not the only auction site where he sells. Consumer Depot is a liquidation company; so they say. What they do is; buy up closeouts and warehouses full of old broken things. Because he sells so much, 10 to 15% trash does not hurt him like it would a small seller. He has a store-front in Nashville, as well as selling on other auction sites, in Europe and Asia, using at least a half dozen IDs. He sells separately on eBay, ca, pl, it, nl, fr and possibly others. In addition, he is on Amazon, Overstock & Yahoo.

The truth of the matter is that Martin "Marty" Fike, owner of Consumer Depot, is committing fraud. Every day he is bilking innocent buyers out of hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) with auctions that are simply scams. His auction site and store KNOWINGLY sell defective and worthless products. Many of these items are returns from Best Buy clearly marked as broken, defective or do not work. One buyer actually received a digital camera broken into five pieces. He refers dissatisfied buyers to the disclaimer on his auction listing, but after reading carefully and checking with an attorney we find there is no legal disclaimer for fraud. Read his disclaimer closely. To keep eBay happy, he refers dissatisfied buyers to his website for assistance, yet he ignores the requests and complaints from this web site.

Over 15% of his sales are generated from frauds and scams. He knowingly sells defective merchandise as NIB or In-Original-Box. He switches items after the auction. He has "Special Handling Fees" added at check-out which is against eBay policy. When you go to check-out, see this fee, and stop the payment, you get a non-pay strike from his accomplice eBay. He violates the "Fee-Avoidance" policy, charging $0.01 cents the

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a bunch. I bought a defective item a few weeks ago from these clowns and got the run around from them. Finally I gave up because it wasn't a whole lot of money.

Anyway, I left negative feedback, objectively saying what happened. They responded to my feedback with their own negative feedback and got personal with me.

Lots of folks have had their feedback retracted, which in my mind is worse than negative.

Illustrates my one huge problem with Ebay- to investors, they are a real company, but when a user gets scammed and needs help, they are merely a "community" designed to promote the harmonious interplay of buyer and seller with peace and flowers.......

My office is close to there store and I have stoped in and looked around and it is full of JUNK and broken items. I have not bought from there auction sites and would stay away. There was something on the news on tv the other nigh about there rip off's and that the state had had alot of complaints about them

STAY AWAY

Great info. It's sad that E-Bay has let crap like this go on. The companies on there are getting to big and not playing by the rules as far as I'm concerned. If I send an E-Mail then I should have it answered in a timely manner. Also, this crap of having to send feedback BEFORE the seller does is horsesh*t. It should be there as soon as I pay them. The last few times I've ordered something rfom e-bay I actually had to send the reciept I got to get the seller to send my item. Even when I payed by paypal. I have started to just order from the smaller sellers with good feedback and stay away from the bigger sellers. And I never order from any that have thier feedback hidden. They can kiss my butt if I can't see thier feedback. That is the first thing I look at for anyone selling on there. It's still a crap shoot though.;)

Half.com is the same way. They are a subsidiary of Ebay and whenever you have a problem you can't even find a number to call. It's ridiculous. I'm done with those auction sites.

I'm not active as much on Ebay as when I started in 2000, because of things that have happen in the past. Ebay is way to big and too top heavy. It's too bad. Too many people looking to make a fast buck have moved in and Ebay doesn't notice.:wub: