Seattle Meet - Oct 24th - Its On, AND ITS SUNNY!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
:cool:Update to Seattle Meet - Date is set at 24th of October. Will have location, time, and rough venue (food, etc) soon.

9-11-09 : So it looks like its gonna be Seward Park. I am working on actual site number and any permits, or reservation requirements. Once I get those, will update again!

9-16-09 : So I am reserving the park as we speak! I couln't get the one I really wanted, but found one that has cover, large parking, play area for kids, and hopefully some great photo ops by the water!

Location - Golden Gardens Park, Shelter 1

Address - 8498 Seaview Pl. NW

Time - 10am to whenever!

What to bring - Your trac, kids, dogs, and food for you and to share as well!

Please RSVP so I can get an idea on how many are coming. I will be posting directions from north and south of Seattle on how to get there soon!

Rental fee is 45 bucks, and I will cover that, but willing to accept donations to help with that as well!

looking forward to meeting all of you!

LETS DO THIS!

Last edited by a moderator:
And the directions!

"<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Oak+Harbor&1s=WA&2c=Seattle&2s=WA&2pn=Golden+Gardens+Park#a/maps/l:::Oak+Harbor:WA::US:48.293301:-122.641899:city:Island+County:1/l:Golden+Gardens+Park:3199+Seaview+Ave+Nw:Seattle:WA:98117:US:47.68716:-122.40267:address::1/m::6:48.074293:-122.415185:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e" target="_blank" >Oak Harbor to the Park"

"<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Tacoma&1s=wa&2c=Seattle&2s=wa&2a=8800+Golden+Gardens+Dr+Nw" target="_blank" >Tacoma to the Park"

"<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Issaquah&1s=wa&2c=Seattle&2s=WA&2a=8800+Golden+Gardens+Dr+Nw&2z=98117-3943" target="_blank" >Issaquah to the Park"

"<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Bremerton&1s=wa&2c=Seattle&2s=WA&2a=8800+Golden+Gardens+Dr+Nw&2z=98117-3943#a/maps/l:::Bremerton:WA::US:47.567501:-122.631401:city:Kitsap+County:1/l::8800+Golden+Gardens+Dr+NW:Seattle:WA:98117-3943:US:47.693653:-122.39932:address:King+County:1/m::8:47.691066:-122.529237:0:::::1:1:1::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e" target="_blank" >Bremerton to the Park - Kingston Ferry"

"<a href="http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Seattle&1s=wa&1a=Marion+St+%26+Alaskan+Way&2c=Seattle&2s=WA&2a=8800+Golden+Gardens+Dr+Nw&2z=98117-3943" target="_blank" >Bremerton to the Park - Ferry (remember to take the Bremerton to Seattle Ferry into Seattle!)"

And thanks to Jacob for helping me with the linking. Hope to see you there! This might also help - If you access my files, you will find a file called "Golden Gardens Map.pdf". I can't get it to link here correctly. So open that and its a bit more information!

I'm going to try to talk the wife in to going up with me if we can work it in. We're in Oregon, so would be a bit of a drive, but sounds fun...and the closest meet to me I've seen.

So, if you come to the park, when you come to the train overpass, make the very next right after going underneath, and you will see my white trac near site #1, there is a playground right next to it. And for your preview, a series of pictures showing the area we will have reserved.

Edit - Sorry bout the picture size, guess I didn't shrink em down correctly. And yes, sign says no dogs allowed, but then on another post is a sign that says dogs have to be leased. Yes, you can bring your dog. There is also a dog park just up the road, you will pass it coming into this park.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Looks like the family and I will be there, so lets get it rolling on what to bring and a body count.

2 adults and 2 infants, we will plan to bring hamburgers and veggie burgers (wife is a veggie so we need to cook hers first just as a side note.)

JD - Glad to hear you can make it! There are two grills under our shelter, so we can use one for the veggie burgers and still keep ours going.

So, I will be bringing Brats and Buns. I will also probably have some dew floating around. And in case we get rain (duh), I will bring a 10x10 shelter that we can use.

time for a head count and what to bring. As mentioned earlier, it isn't going to be a large gathering from my understanding (not alot of interest shown). With that said, I figure if everyone brings food for themselves and a little extra (potluck), we should be covered.

So, Count me in as one, possibly 4 (wife and kids may not be able to make it)

JD with wife and kids make 4

Please let me know who else is coming!

My wife and ARE planning on going, but doesn't look as though there will be a large turn out...we are looking at a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive and make a weekend out of it but sure would make it MORE worth while if there were more than 6 adults! We need to make reservations, but weather permitting and # of responses, will have to wait a few days before we set plans in stone.

Pappy, yea, so far, not a lot of folks have made a commitment. Todd wants me to keep him abreast of reservations, but wont tell me why.:huh:

So, I will go ahead and count you and the misses in, I know thats not set in stone, but it would be great if you can make it.

I will continue calling for a roll call and see if we can't get more folks to show up!

Wow - new here and this format makes my brain hurt....

New to the ST world, lifetime Ford Family with 2 previous Explorers and 1 Ranger under our belts.

I will pencil this in on the calendar, but it would be 2 adults, 1 Dog and the new Sport Trac :banana:

Latest posts