Seat recliner handle broke....is it replaceable?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone since I am a newbie. I drive a 2002 Silver Sport Trac. Ive been following this boards for a few months now. There is some great info on this forum.

Ok so here is my problem. With all this ice today (NY) I had to go in my car from the passenger side, when I jumped over the console some how my pant leg or shoe caught the recliner handle and snapped it off! Do they sell a replacement part. If so what is the part number? If all else fails I will try crazy gluing the handle back on.

HELLO AND WELCOME !!!

Crazy glue or epoxy might work...

Ford may sell it speratly, look at the handel and see if it has a part number molded into it...

if it doesent IT may not be seperate...

A junk yard may have one that will work..

IF you live on the East end of the island, my cousin runs a JY I could have her look for you..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked for a part number but couldnt find one. I might have to really look deep in the seat for a part number. I will try crazy glue for now and see how it holds up. I

I live in suffolk county. If your cousin can look into this that would be great.

Thanks

Rick

My wife broke the passanger side manual handle on my ST today so I am also looking for a way to fix it. I called the parts dept and they said there is a replacement part but it also comes with the adjustment mechansim. This all together cost $71.92. You cannot just buy the handle, it comes with the other part.

Maybe someone else can chime in?

Latest posts