Seafoam?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I tried the whole seafoam process. The engine was warm and I pour 1/3 in oil, 1/3 in fuel tank, and 1/3 in vacuum hose. As soon as I put it through the vacuum hose I shut the vehicle off by key. I waited around for 15 minutes and then started it back up. There was nothing that came out the tailpipe. No smoke, no nothing. The vehicle started up just fine so after idling for 3 minutes I went for a drive and still no smoke. Did I not do something right or is it possible to not have any smoke. Any help would be appreciated. 2005 STA.:banghead:

I think the engine has to be running when you suck in the seafoam from the vacuum line. And then I believe you leave the engine running... anyone else want to chime in?

The engine was running when I poured it into the vacuum line. I said that in the above post. As soon as it was through the hose I shut the truck off by key. Everything that I looked up said to pour it into vacuum line and then shut down vehicle for 15 minutes and then restart. This has me baffled ?????

Sorry, I did read that the engine was running. I meant I "thought" you had to keep it running after you put it in. I very well could be wrong, haven't read that project in a while. :grin:

The engine does not have to smoke to show if it was done.....

I would also make sure you put it in a line and not the engine or something like that..

Todd Z

Well I only put it in the engine oil because I am going to do a oil change and I did put it in the vacuum line. I followed the directions I got from about every video I seen. Thanks for the help. I just thought I might be going crazy, because I saw no smoke.:supercool:

did it on my Escape and ST same day, the Escape smoke so much that I freaked when I heard a fire truck in the distance (thought a neighbor called the FD) did it later that day to my ST and barely a puff, had me baffled too but seemed to help the smoothness of the idle just the same :driving:

Did my 02 a couple years ago and it smoked like crazy and the results were as promised, smooth idle. I have 2 cans in the garage and going to do it again shortly. I also do the in oil and in gas treatment periodically.

I put a can in my boat gas tank every 3rd or 4th fill up also.

I did it on my 2003 Sport Trac and I got a lot of smoke. I guess the amount of smoke depends on how much build-up there is inside the intake manifold and such. Just a thought...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts