SCT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I recently took my trac for warranty work and returned the ECU to stock tune. When I did it gave me a code. I was able to clear the code but it would return within a few minutes, multiple times. The code was: P0605-- internal control module read only memory (rom) error.

The dealership did not mention the code even though the check engine light was on. When I reinstalled the 87performance tune the code was gone. On the stock upload of the ECU it went to 117%. Any thoughts??

I had the identical problem on my 07 V8. The dealer reflashed the ECM several times and the problem re-appeared as soon as I downloadd the tunes again. It turned out it was a bad tune. Changed tuners and the problem never re-occurred.

the old TUNE from SCT might not match up with the New Flash from Ford..

I would contact the person that created the TUNE for you.. and see if there is something they can do.

I have a similar problem. The dealer re-flashed my PCM to fix my chronic throttle control problem after replacing everything in my truck with no results.

After about 2000 hard miles with two road trips, one towing my trailer, and a week of city, I think my problem is solved. Torrie sent me new tunes, but the SCT thinks it's married to a new vehicle even though I returned it to stock before I brought it in. I am afraid to return it to stock again with what is in the X4 because it predates whatever the dealer did, but it is apparently the only way to "unmarry" it from the old PCM (or it's software) and load the new tunes Torrie sent me.

SCT's site says they will do it for $150 but only if I can prove the truck is totaled? WTF???

This thing is looking like a waste of money.

I just talked to SCT and had them update my firmware. I asked them about the code and was told it was a simple tweak or "switch" to the tune itself. I returned my vehicle to stock to update the firmware on the tuner. I have not reinstalled the tune. Im waiting to hear back from Torrie. Torrie has been very quick to respond. I've been extremely happy with my tunes and believe it will be an easy fix. I still recommend the tuner and Torrie for the tunes.

Latest posts