SCT XCAL3 ISSUES (HELP) Model 3000

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
After numerous emails and phone calls with Jesse (Tech Support Manager) at SCT Performance in Florida, I continue to have problems with my X3.

No complaints regarding service. He spent at least 30 minutes remotely configuring and updating my device on line.

I understand there is a "learning" or "catch up" lag regarding the ST's computer, after loading the XCAL3 tune file(s). (87 Performance Tune)

Simply put, my Trac runs like crap. Sluggish acceleration, horrible shifting, pitiful mileage, etc. After returning to stock, the Trac came back to life.

How long will it take for the ST computer to "catch up"? Thanks in advance.

Very frustrated. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, is torrie doing your tunes?. He did mine. When I switch tunes I have no ecu learning curve time. The change is imediate. I have 87P, 89P and 93P. No problem with any of them.

Something insnt right with the tunes, IMO...

Thanks Eddie. Bought the 3000 from the S & S Board with the identical PCM, (RVB0) with four "unlocks" remaining, for $225 shipped. Good deal, I thought.

Has "canned" 87E/87P/93P pre loaded files. SCT Performance, (Jesse) walked me through the firmware updates and remotely dialed it in, to no avail.

I am seriously considering putting this "device" in the food disposer, to hear the grinding "sound" it makes. Thanks for listening, I am seriously pissed off.

Steve,

It sounds like the issue is the "canned" tunes. Might be worth spending $50 to have Torrie build and send you a tune to confirm/deny this.

To the best of my recollection, nobody here has ever used an X2/X3 with the canned tunes in their Tracs. Folks have always used custom tunes from Torrie or one of our former sponsors.

Steve, I also look at firm ware updates as usless as new computer harware drivers. I dont install them unless necessary.

New firmware insnt always needed.

As TT said get with torrie. If your tunes are on you computer. Email them to him for review. Also tell him about your firmware version.

Thanks Eddie and Andy, needed to "vent" a little.

Have had this tuner for three weeks. Nothing but wasted time and frustration, thus far.

I'll contact Torrie after our grand opening this Monday.

Eddie, have another 150+ CD's remaining to load on the Seagate portable hard drive, then I'll send it to you.

Thanks for being a bro, you're a GREAT person and a very kind human. Bless You.

It sounds to me that your now running the sellers STOCK tune.......... the Xcal did not download your OEM tune but stored the original one....

I honestly would just get a "stock" calibration tune from the tuner and run that as a stock tune....

Thats what I did on my 03 since i corrupted the OEM tune a long time ago !!!

Todd Z

Thanks Todd, and welcome back! "Return To Stock" for another week.

I'll go back to square one, and call Torrie next week.

P.S.- Back tracked to the S & S post on 1/12/10. (Kinley)

Seller originally purchased the 3000 from Unleashed Tuning (Torrie)

W-T-H ??? :cry:

Latest posts