SCT Xcal

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
Got my Xcal yesturday and installed the 87 performance tune. WOW, shift points are firmer and accelleration is faster. I can't wait to try the 93 performance tune. Do i need to return to stock before i change to the 93 tune??

no.....

Todd Z

The difference between stock on 87 and tuned on 87 is HUGE.

The difference between tuned 87 and tuned 93 is not so much, at least in normal driving.

Mine actually performs worse on the 93 tune over the 87 tune in terms of shifting. The difference in power between the 87 and 93 tunes is huge in my opinion.

My shifting is marginally better in the 87 tune over 87 stock. However, it could just be in my head since the TCM is unchanged and currently cannot be changed.

Theres the difference...Gen1 vs. Gen 2

My shifting is gigantically better. My ST almost feels like it has a CVT, there is almost no noticeable shift at part throttle, just a tiny blip. At large throttle openings, it snaps HARD and FAST.

I've has stock ST's run up beside me at red lights that just fall away after the first shift.

wow... hey ask torrie to send you the tune he sent me, hawaiinST seems to enjoy it ;)

i keep mine on 93

its become an addiction... the other day i hung with a roush f150... till i got lane blocked...grrr lol

I rec'd a new transmission tune from the person that tuned my truck to try out see how I like it.

I installed it about a month ago and have been driving with it since then. I have spent a bit of time out of town but I do think the testing has been sufficient.

Even though I have had no real issues with my transmission I will say that this tune is much better than the factory tune. The shift points are better, the shifting is better, and a couple of the less noticable things with the factory tune are gone.

It also seems that the more I drive with it the better it keeps getting, chaulk that up to adaptive learning. There are a couple of things I have asked for and would like to datalog which he is working on to help the tune perform even better.

I am waiting for an ok from him to post his info on here and I really don't want to over step any bounds here because he is not a site sponsor.

I will answer questions if asked however.

My shifting is gigantically better. My ST almost feels like it has a CVT, there is almost no noticeable shift at part throttle, just a tiny blip. At large throttle openings, it snaps HARD and FAST.

Now I need to get myself one of these toys--after the TB installation, the shifts really seem ill-timed and really slow, and they're totally noticeable.

And it's always nice to have an edge on the other STs :D

Guess I need to give Justin a call.... Hadn't heard he go tthe Transmission Tunes in yet!

Thanks Jeff

Hi Doug, I had a couple concerns with the way the truck was running, I sent Justin an e-mail about it and asked if he had been able to figure anything out on the transmission so he sent me the tune. I just read his reply and he is good with it if I let everyone know that VMP Tuning is where I got the tune from.

The trans tune is not race ready but he is working on a couple items. I know mine will break the tires loose easily on dry pavement now even with the T/C on. No bump at all, shift points are much better and the shift itself is firmer, although 1st to 2nd is alot better I think he could still do more.

Give me a call later if you want.

I am waiting for an ok from him to post his info on here and I really don't want to over step any bounds here because he is not a site sponsor.

That ok has to come from US, not him....

And the answer is no.....

Todd Z

So YOU deleted mine and Doug's post because we mentioned someone who is not a site sponsor?

I thought we were here to share information with others about our tracs and from what I have seen nobody has a decent tune for the 6 speed transmission. I finally find someone who does and we can't tell anyone because he is not a site sponsor. :huh: :blink:

Yes, Because no one has verified that our site sponsor is, or is not capable of providing this tune....

And if this company is making money directly from postings on this site, and is competing with a sponsor, then I have that right to delete the post....

This site is here because of OUR sponsors....

If our sponsor says he can not do this, or is not ready or what not, then I will decide if I can allow it to be posted..

Todd Z

SEE new STICKY post

Todd Z