Sceamin Demon Coil Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris Laroco

Reaction score
I just received the Screamin' Demon Coil Pack in the mail (btw...thanks Zabteck crew) and I'm about to install it. Before I do though, I was hoping that someone can answer a quick question for me. The paper that came with the coil say that I should increae the spark plug gap to .065" to get the full benefits from the coil. Do I need to do this or can I leave the gaps at the stock measurement for now? Also, is there anything else that I need to be aware of before I begin?

Thanks.

Cris

You can leave them at the stock measurement. You will only notice the biggest performance gain if the gaps are increased, however.

Good question. I got my coil package today also (along with the wires). I think I will change the plugs as long as I will be rooting around with the wires. What is the consensus for which plug type/part# I should use? ;) I have 126K miles on my '02 with the original plugs installed.

Another Thanks to the Zabteck crew.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response.

I'm going to assume that the wires go into the Screamin' Demon pack in the same order as the stock pack, right?

Cris

The coil from Zabteck should be set up so that it's a direct swap, everything's the same.

For plugs, Autolite Double Platinum's. I think the number is APP764

cris,

Yes exactly as you take them off....

Thanks for the business !!!!!

And there is no need to re gap the plugs, I left mine stock..

Todd Z

It's on and everything seems to be running just fine. A solid ten minutes and I was done. And that was while I was talking with my brother. I'll probably leave the gap the way it is until I change the plugs. Then I'll try making the gap larger. Thanks again for the help.

Cris

Cool....:cool::cool::cool:

Thank you all again..

Todd Z

Put my new coil on today. Piece of cake, other than having to run to store and buy a smaller metric deep socket. LOL. :angry:

Now, as soon as the motor cools down, I will go back out and tackle the wires and new plugs. ;)

:rolleyes:

Mine rolled in on Monday, but I know if I start working on my ride, I won't stop till hours later, so I'll have to hold off until the weekend :(

Perhaps with this I will be able to break the 20 MPG threshold...I'm tired of 19.8 and 19.9 in mixed driving...20 seems to be the limit, but not being a huge fan of limit theorem, I'd rather break the limit than just accept it--my wallet seconds that.

Well, I got the wires changed. DANG!!. Can they any more 'stuff' in the way of reaching the plugs.

I don't consider that I have especially large hands, but you sure can't reach anything. I couldn't break loose the plugs so I left the plugs until another time, EXCEPT :angry: for the middle one on the passenger side.

When the boot came off, I 'thought' the old plug had broken so I had to change it (naturally, it HAD to be the most difficult one there is :angry: ). When I got the old one out, it turned out the plug was fine. It was the boot sleeve that had split in half and the end was still on the plug.

As it is right now, the coil and wires are installed along with one new plug (lol) and it runs fine.

:):lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts