ScanGauge II

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Price 2

Reaction score
ScanGauge II $139.99 This has been in my Amazon wish list for a long time. It's always listed at $159.99. I personally cannot purchase at the moment.(been replacing just about everything on the Wife's 216,000 mile '01 Accord) Anyway, I thought someone may be interested. I saw one on craigslist for $100. So, someone may check there as well.

Good price for new. I really like mine. Bought it from a member for $80. It is how I discovered a stuck t-stat. Seeing real time temp. Our dash gauges look nice. But not very helpfull. When in trouble our gauges are tooo late......:fire:

I once owned a Taurus and hit some road debris that apparently broke loose a coolant line. Unbeknownst to me, coolant was pouring out of the car at a high rate.

The temp gauge never budged. The check engine light lit up and by that time, the engine was fried.

The good news is that was my catalyst to buy my ST.

Exactly the main reason why I want one fellas. Coolant temp. Eddie, you know how it gets here in Texas. Just ordered..$137.64+tax I can't wait! :driving:

Markaprice73,

Did you look at the UltraGauge? I have had an UltraGauge for about a year and a half and it preforms flawlessly. I think the ScanGauge and the UltraGauge have nearly identical capabilities except the UltraGauge only cost about $60...half the price of the ScanGauge.

Much of the capabilities of the two gauges depend upon what sensors you have on your vehicle and if they are available at the OBDII port. On my new Hyundai Tucson, I have a fuel level sensor so when I fill up, the Ultra gauge automatically registers the amount of fuel in the tank, while my older Toyota Highlander did not have the fuel level sensor so I had to push a button to tell it when I filled the tank.

I realize you said that you already purchased the ScanGauge, but I was curious if you had looked at the UltraGauge, and what made you choose the higher priced ScanGauge?

...Rich

Latest posts